Apple Financial Call Hilights
Hilights from Apple's Conference Call today:
- 771,000 CPUs shipped during the quarter (down from a year ago) with higher average revenue per system sold.
- iBooks and Powerbooks sold very well with portable products being 46% of all Mac sold. The desktop products down, especially the iMac.
- PowerMac G4 sales are soft, but G5 response has been strong.
- 304,000 iPods (Record Breaking Quarter)
- 6,500,000 songs sold in iTunes Music Store.
- 50% of customers buying Mac systems at Apple Stores did not currently own a Mac
Based on Q/A session:
- In this first quarter of the iTunes Music Store, they've come close to breaking even, and sold 6,500,000 songs thusfar.
- Would not give the breakdown of iTunes music earnings due to competitive reasons.
- Would not specify the breakdown of 12", 15", 17" PowerBooks for competitive reasons.
- PowerMac G5 shipping still expected to begin in August.
- Windows iTunes still on track for release by end-of-year