Apple Vision Pro Developer Kits Now Available

Apple today announced the release of Apple Vision Pro developer kits, with developers able to apply to receive a kit starting today. Developers will be provided with an Apple Vision Pro "loaner" that will allow them to develop and test apps.

Apple Vision Pro with battery Feature Orange
Along with a Vision Pro, developers will get help with device setup and onboarding, check-ins with Apple experts for UI design and development guidance, and help with app refining. Each developer who receives a kit will be provided with two additional code-level support requests for troubleshooting code issues.

Apple says that ‌Apple Vision Pro‌ headsets are Apple-owned development devices, and will need to stay where they are shipped in a private, secure workspace that is accessible only by the developers who were approved to work with one. Apple plans to be in regular contact with developers using the kit, and the kit will need to be returned at Apple's request.

Developers can apply on Apple's website. Apple will collect details about each team's development skills and existing apps, with priority given to applicants creating an app that takes advantage of visionOS features and capabilities.

Related Roundup: Apple Vision Pro
Buyer's Guide: Vision Pro (Buy Now)
Related Forum: Apple Vision Pro

iPhone 15 Pro Cameras

iPhone 17 Pro Max Will Be First Model to Feature Three 48MP Cameras

Thursday July 11, 2024 12:20 am PDT by
Beyond iPhone 13 Better Blue Face ID Single Camera Hole

10 Reasons to Wait for Next Year's iPhone 17

Monday July 8, 2024 5:00 am PDT by
maxresdefault

Apple's AirPods Pro 2 vs. Samsung's Galaxy Buds3 Pro

Saturday July 13, 2024 8:00 am PDT by
Samsung this week introduced its latest earbuds, the Galaxy Buds3 Pro, which look quite a bit like Apple's AirPods Pro 2. Given the similarities, we thought we'd compare Samsung's new earbuds to the AirPods Pro. Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. Design wise, you could potentially mistake Samsung's Galaxy Buds3 Pro for the AirPods Pro. The Buds3 Pro have the same...
iPhone 16 Pro Front Update Blue

iPhone 16 Pro Rumored to Support 40W Fast Charging and 20W MagSafe

Wednesday July 10, 2024 3:57 am PDT by
Apple's forthcoming iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max will support 40W wired fast charging and 20W MagSafe charging, claims a rumor currently swirling around China. Right now, iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro models are capable of up to 27W peak charging speeds with an appropriate USB-C power adapter, while official MagSafe chargers from Apple and authorized third parties can wirelessly charge...

sniffies Avatar
I have zero dev skills. But I strongly believe that Vision Pro will turn me into an amazing developer.
surfzen21 Avatar
I wonder if I can learn to code enough in a week to convince Apple Im a dev and need one. I have app ideas ?
IIGS User Avatar
My suggestion to anyone who gets one.

Don't drop it.

Don't get it wet.

And don't ever EVER use it after midnight.

Too cutting edge for me right now. I'll be more interested in what comes of it 3-5 years from now. From what I've seen it's going to be as groundbreaking as the iPhone.

Once the units start getting into the hands of people outside Apple, there's no telling what they will think up to do with it. The possibilities are limitless. I know that sounds like hyperbole.

But 5 years down the road, this thing will be light as a feather, half the price, and doing stuff we can only imagine today.
Mr. Dee Avatar
You can bet some dev is gonna break the rules and lend it out to some YouTuber for 15 minutes of fame.
klasma Avatar

Having a vision is all that counts!
coolbreeze2 Avatar
I wished I knew a developer. My 12-year-old grandson just wrote his first few lines of Swift at summer camp class. Doesn't that make him a developer?