Apple Releases macOS Big Sur 11.6.7 With Mail App Fix

Apple today released macOS Big Sur 11.6.7, a minor update to the macOS Big Sur operating system that preceded the current macOS Monterey release. The update is being made available to those with Macs that are still running the Big Sur operating system.

macOS Big Sur Feature Triad
The new ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌macOS Big Sur‌‌‌‌‌‌ 11.6.7 update can be downloaded to all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System Preferences.

According to Apple's release notes, the update addresses an issue that could cause Mail and apps like Microsoft Outlook to be unable to open attachments if the app required to open the file is already running.

Related Forum: macOS Big Sur

GubbyMan Avatar
It's good to see Apple pushing updates for older versions now that I'll be stuck on Monterey (2016 MBP). I still think they should update Macs to the latest OS for more than 5 major OS versions but at least my MacBook will be supported for a few more years. Also Microsoft isn't doing any better... :rolleyes:
Cognizant. Avatar

It's so weird how Apple's OS often breaks 3rd party software. I never hear about Microsoft's OS doing the same thing.
Microsoft released updates that have literally wiped people's entire hard drives.
pdaholic Avatar
I've got a 2013 MacBook Pro, and I've been itching to get a new one, but this one is running smoothly and just won't die! Glad to have an update to Big Sur, the last OS supported by this nearly 10 year old Mac.
Freeangel1 Avatar

LOL I hope that was being facetious.

Microsoft broke 120,000 desktop seats across 5000 separate companies due to a bug in IE9 download prompting. This was open for 9 years in Connect until they shut that down and they never even looked at it despite being a MS Gold Partner at the time. The bug went away when they replaced IE with Edge finally.
oh my Gosh. Internet Explorer version 9 was so long ago. I think Netscape was still around.

Give Microsoft a break. Will you?
hagar Avatar

Give Microsoft a break. Will you?
Why should he? He responded to a post stating only Apple has these issues. Which is obviously nonsense.
iHorseHead Avatar

I know how you feel. I had MacBook from early 2008 and it was as expensive as my M1 MacBook Air. It lost the support after 4 years. Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion. I went to Apple Discussion's to complain and they just told me to buy a new Mac.

Also, Microsoft is doing a great job. Windows is always supported for longer than Mac. Your 2016 MBP could even run Windows 11.