Apple TV+ Shows Earn 25 Daytime Emmy Award Nominations
Apple has earned a total of 25 nominations for the 48th annual Daytime Emmy Awards for Apple TV+ television shows, Apple announced today.
Apple received 19 Daytime Emmy Award nominations in the Children's & Lifestyle categories, along with six prior nominations in the craft categories. "Ghostwriter," "Stillwater," and "Long Way Up," are among the TV shows that have been nominated for awards, with a full list of nominations released today available below.
- Outstanding Younger Performer in a Daytime Fiction Series for Isaac Arellanes for "Ghostwriter"
- Outstanding Writing Team for Daytime Fiction Program for "Ghostwriter"
- Outstanding Directing Team for Daytime Fiction Program for "Ghostwriter"
- Outstanding Cinematography for "Ghostwriter"
- Outstanding Preschool Children's Animated Series for "Stillwater"
- Outstanding Writing Team for a Preschool Animated Program for "Stillwater"
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Preschool Animated Program for "Stillwater"
- Outstanding Editing for a Preschool Animated Program for "Stillwater"
- Outstanding Special Class Daytime Animated Program for "Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth"
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Daytime Animated Program for "Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth"
- Outstanding Editing for a Daytime Animated Program for "Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth"
- Outstanding Sound Mixing and Sound Editing for a Daytime Animated Program for "Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth"
- Outstanding Limited Performance in a Children's Program for Derek Gaines in "Helpsters"
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Preschool, Children's or Family Viewing Program for "Helpsters"
- Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing for "Helpsters"
- Outstanding Travel, Adventure and Nature Program for "Long Way Up"
- Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing for "Long Way Up"
- Outstanding Sound Mixing and Editing for "Long Way Up"
- Outstanding Short Form Children's Program for "Helpsters Help You"
The Daytime Emmy Awards are designed to recognize outstanding achievement in daytime television programming. Winners will be announced by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences at virtual ceremonies set to be held on July 17 and July 18, 2021.
Last year, Apple won Daytime Emmy Awards for "Ghostwriter" and "Peanuts in Space: Secrets of Apollo 10." Apple says that its original films, documentaries, and series have now been honored with 117 wins and 408 nominations in the 18 months since Apple TV+ launched.
Apple TV+ original animated shows were named three times in the Daytime Emmy Award winners for children's programming announced over the weekend. According to Variety, original Apple TV+ film "Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth" won its nomination for "Outstanding Special Class Daytime Animated Program." For her work on the film, animator Anne Moth also received an award for...
The Television Academy today announced 2021 Emmy Award winners in juried categories focusing on motion design, animation, costume, and interactive programming, with two Apple TV+ shows winning awards.
"For All Mankind" won in the Outstanding Innovation in Interactive Programming category for the augmented reality app that Apple released alongside the show. "For All Mankind: Time Capsule" let ...
Popular Apple TV+ show "Ted Lasso" has earned an Emmy award nomination in the Comedy series category, where it will be competing against "Black-ish," "Cobra Kai," "Emily in Paris," "Hacks," "The Flight Attendant," "The Kominsky Method," and "Pen15."
Jason Sudeikis, who plays Ted Lasso on the TV series, has also been nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series. He's up against...
Apple TV+ hit "Ted Lasso" was the most-awarded series at the inaugural Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards today, picking up four major awards including Best Streaming Series, Comedy.
The full slate of awards for "Ted Lasso" included:
Best Streaming Series, Comedy
Best Actor in a Streaming Series, Comedy — Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso)
Best Supporting Actor in a Streaming Series, Comedy ...
Popular comic "Strange Planet" from Nathan Pyle is being turned into an animated television series that's set to premiere on Apple TV+, reports Deadline.
The "Strange Planet" comics and books feature blue aliens from an Earth-like planet who describe their Earth-like activities in new and unusual ways. Nathan Pyle has amassed millions of followers on Instagram with the webcomic, which...
Apple today announced that it's expanding its "Creative Studios" initiative, part of Today at Apple, to Washington D.C. and Chicago, offering "career-building programming and creative resources to underrepresented communities."
The new initiative will launch in collaboration with local and community partners and non-profits to enable writers, photographers, and others to have access to...
Twitter has added a unique "like" animation for Apple's "California streaming" event set to take place later on Tuesday. Time to shine#AppleEvent pic.twitter.com/K65FBt7wlV— Hashflags (@hashflagsio) September 14, 2021 The brief animation reflects the luminescent Apple logo graphics used to promote the Apple event, before turning round and changing into the typical love heart. Apple began ...
The first season of basketball-focused TV show "Swagger" is set to premiere on Friday, October 29, Apple announced today.
"Swagger" is a drama series inspired by Brooklyn Nets superstar Kevin Durant's childhood and his experience as a talented youth basketball player courted by recruiters.Inspired by Durant's experiences, "Swagger" explores the world of youth basketball, and the players,...
Sofia Coppola's Apple TV+ comedy "On the Rocks" will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD next month, the first Apple TV+ movie to be made available on physical media.
First revealed by Sigmund Judge, "On the Rocks" can be pre-ordered now on Amazon for $17.99. According to the Blu-Ray version information, the physical disc is being distributed by Lionsgate and will ship from October 26, 2021,...
In the latest episode of hit Apple TV+ comedy series "Ted Lasso," Jeremy Swift's character Higgins briefly poked fun at actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney purchasing Welsh soccer club Wrexham AFC last year.
As noted by Deadline, Reynolds and McElhenney responded over the weekend by tweeting a letter that sarcastically threatens legal action against Apple TV+ over the joke. "While we ...