In the United States and a select few other countries today is Free Shipping Day, a shopping holiday in which most participating retailers offer free shipping with no minimum purchase required. Although lesser-known than previous shopping events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Free Shipping Day is a great opportunity for last-minute shoppers to get orders in ahead of Christmas, because most retailers joining in on the shopping holiday also guarantee delivery by December 24th.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.
Over 900 retailers are participating in the event, so chances are there is a store you might be interested in that you can place an order for free shipping today. Some websites require a code and also go beyond free shipping to offer you discounts and other promotions.
Below we've listed a few places joining in on the event:
- Target - Free shipping on all orders
- Best Buy - Free shipping on all orders
- OtterBox - Free 2-day shipping on all orders
- LifeProof - Free shipping on all LifeProof Protective Cases and accesories, 10 percent off purchase (Code: LPFS17)
- Speck - Free 2-day shipping on all orders, $15 gift card with purchase of $30 or more
- Office Depot/OfficeMax - Free shipping on all orders
- Bose - Free expedited shipping on all orders
- Belkin - Free ground shipping on all orders
- Sonos - Free shipping sitewide (Code: FRE2NDYSHP17)
- Case-Mate - Free sitewide shipping, $10 off order (Code: SHIP10)
- Brydge - Free shipping on all orders
- Macy's - Free shipping on all orders
- JCPenney - Free shipping on all orders (Code: SHIP3)
- B&H Photo - Free next day shipping until 4:00 p.m. ET on December 21
- Twelve South - Free 2-day shipping and orders made by 2:00 p.m. on December 20 have guaranteed Christmas delivery
Although this is a one-day-only shopping event, some stores are stretching their free shipping and guaranteed Christmas delivery policies further into this weekend and early next week, so make sure to read the promotion and delivery promises at each website you visit for more information.
There are also numerous stores taking part in the event that require a minimum purchase to be made for free shipping to be activated. These include Amazon ($25 or more), Walmart ($35 or more), Verizon ($49 or more), GameStop ($50 or more), and others that FreeShippingDay.com has listed on its website (which is loading slowly today, likely due to high traffic).
As a note for Apple.com, the company is offering free next-day delivery on in-stock items ordered by 3 p.m. local time on December 22, so you still have one week from today to get your Apple orders in for Christmas.
Visit our Deals Roundup for more sales and promotional offers that might help you out during your holiday shopping.