Apple today updated its professional audio editing software Logic Pro X to version 10.2.3, introducing a range of bug fixes, performance improvements, and feature additions to bring it in line with updates recently introduced in GarageBand.
The update includes three new traditional Chinese instrument Patches for pipa, erhu, and percussion, along with more than 300 new Chinese instrument Apple Loops. Sound quality for Flex Pitch editing has been improved, there's a new Loudness Meter plug-in with support for LUFS metering, and nudge controls are now able to edit the position of selected automation points. A full list of the feature changes is below:
This update contains numerous fixes and enhancements including:
- Crossfades between comp sections in Take Folders can now be graphically edited
- Improves sound quality for Flex Pitch editing
- 7 additional plug-ins have been redesigned to add Retina support and improve usability
- New Loudness Meter plug-in provides support for LUFS metering
- Nudge controls can now be used to edit the position of selected automation points
- Icons for Drum Machine Designer cells are now user assignable
- All Alchemy presets now include names for Transform Pad snapshots
- 3 new traditional Chinese instrument Patches for pipa, erhu and percussion
- Over 300 new Chinese instrument Apple Loops
- Ability to enable click zones for Take Folders to provide simultaneous access to editing and Quick Swipe Comping
- Multiple additional enhancement and stability improvements
Logic Pro X went without an update for several months in 2015, but after introducing a significant feature update in January of 2016 that added new drummers and tools for electronic and hip hop music creation, Apple has introduced regular updates for the software.