Google has updated its Chrome app to version 28, adding improved "interoperability with other Google Apps," which means links to YouTube, Maps, Google+, and Drive can now be opened in their respective apps rather than in the browser. According to Google, additional app integration will be added in the near future.
With version 28 of Chrome, Google introduces a new feature that is designed to speed up page load times and reduce overall data usage, which is being sent out to users on a rolling basis.
The update also includes improvements to voice search, fullscreen capabilities on the iPad, access to browser history, and bug fixes.
What's New in Version 28.0.1500.12
- Interoperability with other Google Apps. Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
- Enhancements to voice search. Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean. Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search.
- Fullscreen on iPad.
- Data cost savings: Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
- Access to browser history.
- Stability / security improvements and bug fixes.