Some Details on First Mac OS X 10.6.1 Seed (Build 10B503), Flash Updated
World of Apple posts the seed notes from the first Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard update that has begun seeding to a limited audience. The 71.5 MB update details these changes:
The 10.6.1 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes for:
- compatibility with some Sierra Wireless 3G modems
- an issue that might cause DVD playback to stop unexpectedly
- some printer compatibility drivers not appearing properly in the add printer browser
- an issue that might make it difficult to remove an item from the Dock
- instances where automatic account setup in Mail might not work
- an issue where pressing cmd-opt-t in Mail brings up the special characters menu instead of moving a message
- Motion 4 becoming unresponsive
Snow Leopard was officially launched on August 28th. Apple typically continues non-stop development after the initial launch of a major operating system to quickly address remaining bugs and outstanding issues.
Update: The new build updates Adobe Flash to 10.0.32.18, addressing a concern reported earlier today.