New 21.5-inch Retina 4K models expected.
Apple Updates GarageBand for iOS with iPhone and iPod Touch Support
Apple today announced the launch of GarageBand for iPhone and iPod touch, making the previous iPad-only version a universal app.
“GarageBand on iPad has been a big hit and we think customers will love using it on their iPhone or iPod touch,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. “The innovative Multi-Touch interface combined with Smart Instruments makes it easy to create great sounding music, even if you’ve never studied music or played an instrument before.”GarageBand [App Store] is available in the App Store for $4.99, with the new version 1.1 bringing iPhone and iPod touch support and several other enhancements.
What's New in Version 1.1The update is just going live now and should be rolling out to all markets at this time.
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Create custom chords for Smart Instruments
- Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
- Reset song key without transposing original recordings
- Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
- Additional quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing
- New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
- Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard
- Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
- Numerous enhancements, including automatic fade out and improved audio import options