Samsung Introduces Discounts on Monitors and TVs, Including $600 Off ViewFinity S9 5K

Samsung has a new monitor sale this week, which includes discounts on 4K and 5K Samsung monitors. The popular ViewFinity S9 5K Smart Monitor and Smart Monitor M8 are both discounted during this sale, but you'll also find sales on storage, audio, TVs, smartphones, and home appliances.

samsung viewfinity blueNote: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Samsung. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

As with previous sales, the highlight of the new event is the 27-inch ViewFinity S9 5K Smart Monitor for $999.99, down from $1,599.99. At $600 off this is a solid second-best price on the 2023 display, which has a matte display, modular 4K SlimFit camera, and support for Thunderbolt 4.

Samsung's 27-inch Smart Monitor M8 is also being discounted during this sale, available for $399.99 in Warm White, down from $699.99. This is a 4K smart monitor with a design that looks similar to the iMac line, and this is a solid second-best price.

samsung blue

Additionally, Samsung has quite a few more monitor and TV deals, which we've rounded up below.

Monitors

TVs

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Related Roundup: Apple Deals

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

btbeme Avatar
3 weeks ago

Reviews are horrible for these
I bought an S9 in February. While the picture is definitely nice, the monitor has been nothing but trouble... and Samsung is horrible about "service."

My brand-new $1600 screen doesn't wake properly about 80% of the time - I have to fiddle with the (inconvenient) power button, plug and replug the Thunderbolt cable, chant the magic words to summon the Invisible Swordsman, and put my elbow in my ear to make it light up most of the time. It also developed bright horizontal and vertical lines after less than two months of use. Contacting Samsung for service was an exercise in absolute frustration - two solid hours on the phone with people just to get a service ticket made (their website to do so left me in a circular non-help holding pattern).

Samsung flat refuses to replace my screen (purchased directly from them). Instead, they insist on servicing it, and do NOT provide packing or shipping materials to do so. And... to ship an expensive screen across the country, they provide a UPS Ground shipping label... 9 days in transit, then (today) I finally get a receipt that they received it and need 4 working days to service it... then another 9-10 days to ship it back? Wow - almost 4 weeks to "take care" of a brand new, expensive screen. Whatever the definition of "customer service" is, Samsung is a master class in the opposite.

Attachment Image
pksv Avatar
3 weeks ago
R.I.P. ViewFinity S9 5K full price buyers.
KPOM Avatar
3 weeks ago

Reviews are horrible for these
There’s a reason these are seemingly perpetually “on sale” for $600 less than MSRP.
groove-agent Avatar
3 weeks ago
It always seemed weird to me to build a smart TV system into a monitor when you likely have a computer already attached to it.
cylack Avatar
3 weeks ago
Thought about getting one of these Samsung 5K displays to use as a 2nd monitor but I’ll pass after reading these reviews. No wonder they’re always $600 off. I paid an arm and a leg for my nano etched Apple Studio Display, but its been rock solid. I use it for my business so I can’t afford downtime and its never failed me in nearly two years of use. Just waking up instantly from sleep without issues is so worth paying the heavy price lol.
IllegitimateValor Avatar
3 weeks ago

And no HDMI inputs either. If you want me to make into an everything spot give me at least one meager input for a console