In the wake of Apple's decision to end its AirPort line of routers, many users continue to hunt for the best possible Wi-Fi networking solution. Ubiquiti Networks' AmpliFi routers have been some of the more popular mesh systems on the market in recent years, and this month the company is offering a notable $100 discount on its AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi System, as long as you're willing to go through a bit of a process to get it.

amplifi hdNote: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with AmpliFi. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

To take part in AmpliFi's new upgrade program, you'll have to take a picture of an existing, non-AmpliFi mesh Wi-Fi system and send it into the company with an explanation as to why you want to upgrade to AmpliFi. Once you do so, you can get the AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi System for $240.00, down from $340.00. There are four total ways you can do this, which we've outlined with specifics below:

1. Send a message to social@ubnt.com
  2. Attach a picture of your current, non-AmpliFi mesh Wi-Fi system unplugged
  3. In the email, explain why you want to upgrade to AmpliFi

Twitter/Instagram

1. Post a photo of your current, non-AmpliFi mesh Wi-Fi system unplugged
  2. In the post, explain why you want to upgrade to AmpliFi
  3. Use the hashtag #AmpliFiUpgrade and tag @AmpliFiHome

Facebook

1. Post a photo of your current, non-AmpliFi mesh Wi-Fi system unplugged in the comments of this post
  2. Along with the photo, explain why you want to upgrade to AmpliFi

After you complete one of these tasks, AmpliFi will get in touch with you through DM or email and provide you with an exclusive $100 discount code that you can use to buy the AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi System on AmpliFi.com. Note that this upgrade program discount code is only for the AmpliFi HD, and can not be used to purchase the AmpliFi HD Gamer's Edition, AmpliFi Instant System, or another product on AmpliFi's website.

The AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi System comes with a router base station and two wireless super mesh points, which provide maximum Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home. AmpliFi does sell the HD Mesh Router on its own for $149.99 (without the mesh points), but that is not available in the upgrade program.

amplifi review 8
In total, the AmpliFi HD System will be priced at $240.00 with the discount code, down from $340.00. As of writing, the AmpliFi HD is full-priced at all of the major retailers online, so this is currently the best discount on the router and definitely worth taking part in if you've been eyeing AmpliFi's products.

AmpliFi could also be of interest to eero users who are reconsidering their purchases following Amazon's acquisition of the mesh company. We've had the chance to test out all three of AmpliFi's main consumer routers and came away impressed across the board, so be sure to check out our full review right here, and then find out more about AmpliFi on the company's website.

Those interested should note that the AmpliFi upgrade program will close on February 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Tag: AmpliFi

Braderunner Avatar
If you want to put it on sale...put it on sale. Don't play games. Next.
macduke Avatar
In the wake of Apple's decision to end its AirPort line of routers
To take part in AmpliFi's new upgrade program ('https://affiliate.amplifi.com/scripts/fcmhqkm?aid=5c659ec3b16dc&url=https%3A%2F%2Famplifi.com%2Ftradein-offer-rules'), you'll have to take a picture of an existing, non-AmpliFi mesh Wi-Fi system and send it into the company
Is the AirPort considered a mesh WiFi system? Because I've never heard it referred to that way.

This brand is one of my top choices now that eero is out the window. However, I imagine the timing of this sale is to reduce inventory ahead of a WiFi 6 version. That is what I have been waiting for. I already have gigabit in my neighborhood and want something that is future proof.
JamesScheller Avatar
I personally prefer and use just one Ubiquiti Unifi AP in my apartment, covers it easily, I also have the USG, cloudkey and 2 switches, one directly connected to fibre, works like a charm.
I must say that the controller overwhelmed me in the beginning, not really stuff for beginners.
The controller is getting better by the day.
All for just about $ 150 more.
I need to second this.

The controller software is a bit more complicated, but if you've ever had to mess around seriously inside your router's web interface, it's not really that big of a leap technically. There's a number of good YouTube videos.

My house is larger, and a lot of metal framing. WiFi before was dreadful, and I was constantly having to cycle airplane mode moving from upstairs to downstairs to re-attach to the access points. I think I lived with it so long because I trained myself.

I just did the UniFi setup with two access points in January. EVERYTHING works better. No weird pauses in NetFlix. I can wander the house without touching WiFi settings or airplane mode on my iPhone or laptop. I mean, I probably save 3-5 minutes a day compared to the stupidity I was dealing with before. Biggest regret is not having done this a year or two before.
4487549 Avatar
This 2016 product, and all other mesh systems, are actually slower than the 2013 Airport Extreme in a typical apartment. Mesh is only better in a large home, especially one with multi floors. There's nothing future proof about this.
DakotaGuy Avatar
Great system. I love mine.
hortod1 Avatar

That’s what I thought when I went with eero (future proof, more or less).

Then they sold out to Amazon.

The future seems to happen a lot sooner these days.