The retailer has the Apple Watch Series 1 discounted by $70 beginning today, with 38mm models running for $179.00 and 42mm models priced at $209.00. In terms of overall Black Friday deals, we know that Target will match this $70 off Series 1 deal beginning tomorrow when sales there go live. So if you're looking to get some shopping done a little early, Macy's offer is the first notable Apple Watch Series 1 deal happening this holiday season.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with LivingSocial. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.
Here's every Apple Watch Series 1 device available in Macy's sale:
- 38mm Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band - $179.00, down from $249.00
- 38mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band - $179.00, down from $249.00
- 38mm Gold Aluminum Case with Midnight Blue Sport Band - $179.00, down from $249.00
- 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band - $209.00, down from $279.00
- 42mm Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band - $209.00, down from $279.00
- 42mm Rose Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band - $209.00, down from $279.00
- 42mm Gold Aluminum Case with Midnight Blue Sport Band - $209.00, down from $279.00
If you purchase the Series 1, be aware that in comparison to higher-cost versions it has a slower S1P processor, lower water resistance (so it is not suitable for swimming), a display that doesn't get as bright, slightly lower battery life, and no LTE or GPS support. Otherwise, you'll be able to access all of the expected Apple Watch features like activity tracking, notification and phone call support with a connected iPhone, and more.
Also of note is an Apple Music deal going on at LivingSocial, where you can get a four month subscription to Apple's streaming music service for free. This deal essentially adds one extra month (priced at $9.99/month) onto Apple Music's existing three month free trial, and is only available to new subscribers signing up for an individual membership plan.
As always, you can visit our Black Friday Roundup to keep track of the latest deals going on heading into Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Some sales will begin going online a bit early today, but the bulk will see activation when retailers first open their doors tomorrow night between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. local time.