Instagram today announced that it has added an option to reply to Instagram stories with a photo or a video, allowing Instagram users to do more than simply comment on a friend's stories.

When watching a story, you'll see a new camera button that can be used to snap a photo/video or choose an image that was taken within the last 24 hours from your camera roll. There are options to use Boomerang or Rewind with videos, and there are stickers and filters to apply to both photos and videos.

instagramphotovideoreplies
Photos and videos that friends send as story replies will show up in the Direct inbox, where they can be viewed with a tap. A photo or video sticker will also be added to the story itself, but it is only viewable by the user who shared the story. When you view a story reply, friends will be notified of screenshots or replays.

Instagram users who have the latest version of the iOS app installed will see the new video reply options. Instagram can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Caliber26 Avatar
Like almost every other social media app, Instagram has become a bloated mess full of crap I don't need or care for. I really miss its former simplicity. The same goes for Facebook.
5105973 Avatar
Why do people insist of putting every single thing they do on social media? "Wait i need to snap this photo so i can post it to all my social media".

I dont have fb, ig, twitter and any other sm. I get by just fine.

But whatever
Lol, I was on vacation carrying a few stuffed animals at one of the amusements for the kids and a teenager came up and asked me why I had them. I just shrugged and another teenager asked me if the stuffed animals had an Instagram page. She was serious. ...Okay...:confused:???

I went ahead and took pictures of the stuffed animals. Who knows...maybe I will make an instagram account for them. Apparently stranger things do happen in 2017. :eek:
OldSchoolMacGuy Avatar
Been seeing this for a couple weeks. Certainly increases the engagement level.
[doublepost=1499358635][/doublepost]
And yet all the changes you hate have allowed Instagram to grow faster than any other social media network right now. They've grown Instagram Stories in 5 months to the point it took Snapchat 5 years to reach and they've now far eclipsed Snapchat in active users.
tylerthomas28 Avatar
The core functionality of sharing photos is unchanged. Everything else is just a cherry on top of the ice cream sundae.
[doublepost=1499360737][/doublepost]

I dont have fb, ig, twitter and any other sm. I get by just fine.

But whatever
Nice to know you speak for how every user of the platforms use them. Social media can be a nice way of keeping in touch and sharing interesting moments from your life with people you can't see all the time. If you treat it with a negative mindset you won't get anything out of it.
BruceEBonus Avatar
I'm hoping to spend so much time on garbage like this to the point I will only be able to post reports on the fact I have nothing to post because I've spent and do spend all my time looking at a rectangular piece of gorilla glass all day. A self fulfilling prophecy then. Im now downloading an app that helps me to check if I am alive or not. If I find I am then I shall then try some other social media sites and tell people there the good news. It's a win win for everybody then. Result!
mariusignorello Avatar

I dont have fb, ig, twitter and any other sm. I get by just fine.

But whatever
The best thing to do is use it for business and marketing purposes. Especially for fitness guys like me. We have to post constantly so people notice us and we get either a sponsor or a large fan base. Same goes with entertainers, politicians etc. But most people just post their personal stuff on there.