Retina iPad Mini Shipping Times Lengthening at Major U.S. Carriers Amid Supply Constraints

Major U.S. carriers Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are still experiencing back orders on the cellular version of the iPad Mini with Retina Display, signaling that the 3G/4G version of the tablet is still experiencing heavy supply constraints, reports CNET. While Apple's online store still shows that cellular Retina iPad minis are available to ship in 5-10 business days, Verizon's page for the device shows that the device will ship by December 2, with T-Mobile and AT&T showing 6-8 week and 21-28 day delivery estimates, respectively. ipadminispacegray
Small amounts of stock of the cellular-capable models of the device began trickling into Apple's U.S. retail stores one day after the device's surprise launch last week, with Apple offering a Personal Pickup option for online orders. However, overall production of the device has been heavily constrained for the time being due to suggested display production issues, with shipments of the tablet likely to double in Q1 2014 as shortages ease.

First announced at Apple's iPad-centric October event, the second-generation iPad mini features a high resolution 2048x1536 display, with 326 pixels per inch, and a 64-bit A7 chip with the M7 motion co-processor. Those interested in purchasing the device can also check out an unofficial web tracker for checking the availability of Retina iPad mini models at Apple's U.S. retail locations. The tracker continues to show low in-store availability, with Sprint and low-capacity Wi-Fi models seeing the best supplies.

Related Roundup: iPad mini
Buyer's Guide: iPad Mini (Don't Buy)
Related Forum: iPad

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

dumastudetto Avatar
But I thought Retina iPad Mini was a huge failure with a terrible color gamut and nobody wants to buy one?!?!?!!?
Brian Y Avatar

Nobody outside of MacRumors gives two craps about colour gamut.
UnfetteredMind Avatar
My space gray 16GB WiFi + Cellular T-Mobile version is to arrive on Friday. Looking forward to my first iPad!
JAT Avatar
I got my LTE version. Nice piece of equipment. However, I can see how it is not ultimately a replacement for a full-sized iPad. Some stuff just comes up on the screen a bit too small. But it does what I need it to do. I left my briefcase at home this morning and was still able to read emails and documents on my subway ride into work. :D

Wow! What kind of briefcase shows you emails?
WaxedJacket Avatar
So glad I'm poor right now cuz I'd just be blowing my cash on Apple products ;)

This allows me to wait for this whole fiasco to settle and maybe have a few rMini's show up on the refurb store. :D
akron0488 Avatar
Apple still seems to have plenty though. So much for constrained supplies "for the rest of the year."

----------

Not pocketable into inside suit jacket though. Which is a negative over the Nexus 7 form factor. It being winter, it easily fits into winter coats. But still a drawback on this form factor.

That's what your iPhone/smartphone is for. Not sure why people need iPad to read emails while on the go unless you're looking at charts or graphs constantly.

I love my mini. Couldn't go back to regular iPad now as it seems far too big. The mini is perfect for travel and the screen isn't intrusive to anyone. You can privately watch a movie without taking too much space and it fits perfectly in one hand.