Apple will introduce new versions of iOS and OS X at its annual developer's conference.
Apple Seeds Second iOS 9.2 Beta to Developers
The new iOS 9.2 beta, build 13C5060d, is available as an over-the-air update and through the Apple Developer Center.
The first beta of iOS 9.2 introduced some changes for the Safari View Controller within apps, letting it work more like the standard Safari app with support for third-party Action Extensions and the ability to long tap on the Reload button to reload content without content blockers or request desktop site.
iOS 9.2 also includes a number of bug fixes and performance enhancements, many of which are under-the-hood improvements. Thus far no other outward-facing changes have been discovered, but updates in the second beta will be listed below if found.
Bug Fixes in iOS 9.2 Beta 2:
- Un-paring and re-pairing the Apple Watch will no longer cause the Stocks glance to go missing.
- Syncing Music to the Apple Watch has been fixed.
- An issue impacting audio quality when playing audio over USB in some car stereos has been fixed.
- A bug with iCloud Keychain has been fixed, so users should no longer see "Could Not Set Up iCloud Keychain" errors.
- Videos with 'folw' track associations will no longer fail to play on 32-bit devices.
New Features in iOS 9.2 Beta 2:
- It's now possible to dismiss the Safari View Controller with an edge swipe.
- The second iOS 9.2 beta includes support for AT&T's NumberSync feature, which is part of Wi-Fi Calling. With NumberSync, AT&T users can receive calls to their phone numbers on Macs and iPads even when those devices are not on the same Wi-Fi network as the iPhone.
The functionality is similar to the Continuity feature that allows phone calls to be answered on devices other than an iPhone, but that feature currently requires an iPad or Mac to be on the same Wi-Fi network as the iPhone and signed into the same iCloud account. With the addition of NumberSync, the devices are no longer required to be on the same network and answering calls on a Mac or an iPad is even possible if an iPhone is missing or has a dead battery.