Next-generation iPhones likely to focus on internal improvements.
AT&T Introduces New Smartphone Data Plans w/3GB and 5GB Options
"Customers are using more data than ever before," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "Our new plans are driven by this increasing demand in a highly competitive environment, and continue to deliver a great value to customers, especially as we continue our 4G LTE deployment."The smartphone plans include unlimited access to AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots, and replace the current $15/$25 data plans:
- AT&T DataPlus 300MB: $20 for 300MB, additional 300MB for $20.
- AT&T DataPro 3GB: $30 for 3GB, additional 1GB for $10/each
- AT&T DataPro 5GB: $50 for 5GB, with mobile hotspot/tethering, additional 1GB for $10/each
iPad 3G users can now choose from one of three plans:
- The existing 250MB for $15 plan
- AT&T DataConnect 3GB: $30 for 3GB
- AT&T DataConnect 5GB: $50 for 5GB
Current users can keep their plans, but as of Sunday, all new smartphone and tablet service contracts will have to use one of these plans.