New Skylake MacBook Pros coming in the fourth quarter.
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update
The 10.4.11 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Tiger and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. This update also includes Safari 3, the latest version of Apple's web browser.
Apple details the improvements in a support document. Improvements include:
- Includes Safari 3
- Adds RAW image decoding support for the following cameras: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50, Leica V-Lux 1, Olympus E-400, Olympus EVOLT E410, Olympus EVOLT E510, Canon EOS 40D
- Improves compatibility when using OpenType fonts in QuarkExpress
- Improves reliability when running VMWARE's Fusion
- Improves support for using Image Capture to import pictures taken on your iPhone
- Improves syncing between iPhone and Yahoo! address books
- Addresses an issue copying files from a Mac OS 9 AFP sharepoint
- Improved reliability advertising an AFP sharepoint over Bonjour
- Addresses an issue which could prevent the use of port mapping when sharing your Mac's internet connection
- Improves reliability when trying to authenticate to an AFP share using Kerberos
- Improves compatibility with third-party wireless wide-area network devices
- Improves reliability when mounting external USB hard drives.
- Adds support for Microsoft Presenter Mouse 8000
- Addresses an issue in which selecting two rows of album art within the iTunes artwork Screen Saver may cause System Preferences to unexpectedly quit
- Includes updated Daylight Saving Time information for customers in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States state of Indiana
- Allows the use of the special keys on aluminum Apple Keyboards to control Aperture slideshows
- Addresses an issue in which help content for some applications may be displayed in English when using the computer in another Mac OS X language
- Addresses issues with certain Apple Dashboard widgets: Unit Converter, Calculator, Stocks
Apple also incorporated a number of security updates.