Apple Music Artists Can Now Share Milestones With Fans

Apple today announced a new Apple Music for Artists feature called Shareable Milestones, which is designed to allow ‌Apple Music‌ artists to share key milestones and successes with their fans on social media.

apple music milestones
The ‌Apple Music‌ for Artists feature generates automatic milestones for artists of all sizes, which artists can highlight on social media networks. Milestones include new highs and all-time bests across Plays and Shazams, and inclusion in ‌Apple Music‌'s curated playlists.

Artists will see images celebrating their milestones on their iOS overview page for ‌Apple Music‌ for Artists, and can tap the share icon to open up the share sheet. Users will also see relevant milestones on the song and country detail pages. Milestones can be shared to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and Instagram stories.

Sharing milestones is a feature that's limited to artists at the current time and the images can only be accessed through the ‌Apple Music‌ for Artists iOS app.

Though limited to ‌Apple Music‌ for Artists at the current time, this is perhaps a feature that Apple could roll out to all ‌Apple Music‌ users in the future, allowing them to share metrics that are normally only available through the year-end Apple Music Replay and Recap features.

Apple Music for Artists is available to all artists who use ‌Apple Music‌. It provides artists and their teams with sales and streaming data for songs, albums, playlists, and more.

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

Expos of 1969 Avatar
Ha ha ha.....fix Apple Music on Mac etc. before introducing this nonsense
Razorpit Avatar

What's wrong with Apple Music on Mac? Always works great for me apart from the issue with newly released albums not being updated for pre-saved albums. But that's not an issue exclusive to the Mac.
Let's see here's a few issues I have with AppleMusic;
1. When I ask Siri to play a band I expect her to play the band I asked for, not whatever Hip Hop group with a similar name.
2. When I'm listening to a band I would like to only hear songs from that band, I don't want some tracks from a Hip Hop group with a similar name.
3. When I'm listening to an album I would like the original tracks that were on that album. Not some random live version from a completely different album.
4. Suggest to me artists and music I would enjoy. I do not like Hip Hop. I do not like Country. I will not listen to either no matter how many times you put it in front of me.
5. Lately it's been crashing on my iPad.
nvmls Avatar

To name a few..

Search is clunky, used to perform better in iTunes ironically.
Albums view removed song list popover, now you are taken to a dedicated album screen to play a track having to go back to keep scrolling through albums.
Sound enhancer works as bad as it can be, fluctuates sound volume and delays to toggle off / on when sound output is other than music.
You cannot search within albums view, you have a dedicated search screen. Fine UX.
Sound crashes easily if you use the browser / other multimedia / chat app (even with the abomination messages!).
Mini-player won't float on full screen apps.
This crap was built to push users into Cloud music but even that they can't get right.

After a decade of lipstick on a pig like itunes they finally strip it but come up with an even worse version. Hats off.
Razorpit Avatar

Reminds me of iTunes - Ping.

RIP.

Do these Apple Music artists have time to be interacting with the fans through Apple Music App?

Immediately thought the same thing.

This is really smart! It gives artists of all levels the chance to spread positive news about them on social media which would bring more people to, or back to, their music at the same time as bringing more people over to apple music!
You think? To be honest I couldn't care less of how many copies of "Enjoy" the Descendents sold. I listen to it because it's an awesome album. Likewise I don't listen to "Hypercaffium" because it sucks, no matter how much Milo tells me it's great.
mikeyteh Avatar
I just want to know if I can tell the fans of my ASMR heavy breathing albums about my 10 plays milestone. 9 plays from now.
nvmls Avatar

Ha ha ha.....fix Apple Music on Mac etc. before introducing this nonsense
I know right.. playing dumb for a decade. New watch bands coming though.