MacRumors Exclusive: Get 25% Off Your First Year of 1Password Families

MacRumors readers can save 25% on the 1Password Family subscription in October, bringing the price of the service down to $44.88 per year, from an original price of $59.85. On a monthly basis, this means that the service will cost $3.75 per month (originally $4.99 per month).

1Pass25offForFamilyNote: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with 1Password. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

To get the deal, head to 1Password's website and click "get started" on the landing page for the discount. It is billed annually, so you'll pay $44.88 upfront for an entire year of 1Password Families. The regular $4.99 per month price of 1Password Families will kick in after your first year ends.

This offer is only for new 1Password customers, and will expire on October 31, 2020.

1Password is a password management app that is compatible across Apple devices, including iPhone and Mac. It allows you to create and store strong passwords across all of your most important online accounts, and alert you when your passwords are compromised.

1Password Families is built to support up to five family members, providing each person with access to the password management service. It supports 1GB of encrypted storage for documents, cross-platform sync, item history backup, 1Password Watchtower for compromised passwords, and more.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Related Roundup: Apple Deals

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

GtrDude Avatar
Yet another payed for subscription thing....no thanks!
lpozdena Avatar
One time I lost my iPhone in Maui, and through a combination of using a browser on the Lahaina AT&T Store's computer and 2FA on my cellular Apple Watch, I was able to access my 1Password vault to get all the credentials I needed to be set up with a replacement phone.

iCloud Keychain would not have facilitated this. Plus, all iCloud Keychain stores is simple domain/username/password combos. I have tons of credentials that need additional information like account numbers, PINs, etc. You could keep a secure photo of your ID which is very handy because in case you lose your ID, sometimes security checkpoints, notaries etc, will in fact honor a photo. But you don't want to store that photo just anywhere. And there are many more things 1Password can do that iCloud Keychain doesn't even try to do.

1Password Families itself is incredible for sharing a few common credentials with families members, like a Netflix password, but letting each member keep their own private vault. I think it's worth every penny.

And no, I am not connected to 1Password the company, in any way, shape, or form. It's just that their product has come to the rescue so many times, that I'm a huge fan.
mj_ Avatar
The day that I start paying a subscription fee for a password safe is the day I would like to be declared legally insane and put under tutelage of a decapitated chicken. Because clearly that chicken will have more brain capacity left over than me.
BigMcGuire Avatar

I don't understand how this adds any value for an Apple user? All of this functionality comes with the ecosystem.
Not all of this functionality comes with the Apple ecosystem. I can run 1Password on my Windows Machine. I can share passwords with specific sets of family - with a shared group of passwords for family. I can handle 2FA within the app for accounts. I can set specific password requirements / complexities / length when creating passwords and it remembers the history of my passwords over time.

While Apple's keychain is nice especially if you just have a Mac, 1Password has quite a few more features that I utilize.

I have 1Password for Families and have for years now. It's been great. Great company, great integration with all browsers, all platforms.
AppleInLVX Avatar
One word: Bitwarden. I dropped 1P when they subscribed me out. BW's free offering is good enough, and if you want to store items in the cloud like 1P, the subscription is like 10 bucks CAD for a year. That's *way* more fair.
aajeevlin Avatar

It’s cross platform, not everyone in the family has Apple products. Also does Apple keychain store one time password for 2FA? I’m not sure.