Apple today revamped the BeatsX earphone lineup available from its online and retail stores, eliminating several colors and lowering the price.

The BeatsX Earphones are now available from Apple in black or silver, with all other colors, including space gray, gold, white, and blue, discontinued. Apple has also removed the Black/Red Defiant BeatsX collection.

beatsxheadphonesapple
Apple has also dropped the price of the BeatsX Earphones from $149.95 to $119.95, a discount of $30. Apple never offered competitive pricing on the BeatsX, which are often available at a deep discount from retailers like Best Buy.

Right now, for example, Best Buy is selling BeatsX in gray, blue, and black for $90, which is even lower than Apple's current baseline price.

While a price drop could indicate an upcoming refresh of the Beats headphone lineup, prices may have been lowered in an effort to better match the BeatsX pricing available from other big box retailers.

Apple has not tweaked the pricing of other Beats headphones options including the Powerbeats3, the Studio3 Wireless, or the Solo3 wireless.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Tag: Beats

subjonas Avatar
I keep reading it as “beats ten”.

Question is what kind of sound improvements can we expect from up coming refresh product ?

Means nothing if they sound exactly like last year‘s models.
There is much need for improvement besides sound quality though that would be good too. My main qualm is the stupid power button. It’s difficult to find by feel, difficult to press, difficult to know if you pressed it, difficult to know whether it’s on or off unless you take it off to look at the light (it only makes a sound when it connects to a source, not when it turns on, but if the device you last connected to is not around then it makes no sound). It’s infuriating. To solve all of this all it needs is a sliding switch. It may not be as “sexy” as an invisible button, but at least it’s functional.

Other issues:
- the play/volume/Siri controls should be on the neck base, not the wire. When I’m running, the controls bounce around and pulls the ear bud out of my ear.
- I’d like double the battery life. I use it all day while at work and frequently run out of battery. It has a neck base so it can afford a bigger battery.
- not sure if the technology is there but I’d love to be able to stream from multiple devices simultaneously. I’m constantly switching between my work computer and my phone all day.

Hoping all or most of this is addressed in the next version. I do like the form factor and the advantages of Apple’s W chip. Though in my opinion there are still too many taps and long presses needed to switch audio accessories.
BaccaBossMC Avatar
Maybe a new model soon, perhaps at or around rumored October event?
AngerDanger Avatar
That title is just so so close to Apple Drops BeatsX Earphone Lineup and Streamlines Prices.
m0sher Avatar

Means nothing if they sound exactly like last year‘s models.

I own beats X and gave my own opinion on them being overpriced, you can read my review here if you like to hear my thoughts on them or interested in buying these.

I actually said they should’ve been priced at $119 not a penny more from the get go. Mine are still working fine.
miniyou64 Avatar
I wanted to like these so bad. Total garbage sound quality. And Im not some audiophile. Airpods blow these things away by a factor of 100
adammull Avatar
These beat the Airpods IMO solely for the fact that they're attached. It's one piece. Had mine for a year and love them. Not knocking the Airpods at all, just see a market for both.