Feral Interactive released racing game GRID Autosport for iPhone and iPad today, an iOS version of Codemasters' smash hit triple-A title that looks every bit as impressive as its PC and console counterparts.
The pro-racing game aims to deliver a mix of simulation and arcade handling using intuitive touch and tilt controls, and includes all the original DLC, 28 circuits and over 100 cars. Players can further their racing career by exploring six different disciplines:
- Tuner – Drive your Super Modified motor over its limit in Drift and Time Attack events.
- Touring – Lead the pack by driving with aggression and determination in full-contact races.
- Endurance – Test your mental strength and physical stamina in extended night-time races.
- Open Wheel – Accelerate to 200mph while perfecting your racing line in lightweight racing machines.
- Street – Ramp up the fear factor on perilously tight city circuits.
- Party Mode – Battle to become the last car standing in Demolition Derby, get the farthest in Checkpoint, and make sure you stay out of last place in Eliminator!
A quick race is all it takes to confirm GRID Autosport's exceptional graphics and nippy performance. However, drivers should take note that the console-quality assets do make GRID pretty demanding – the game requires an iPhone SE, an iPhone 7 or newer, an iPad (2017) or any iPad Pro, and iOS 11 or later.
As noted on MacRumors sister site TouchArcade, the sheer graphical richness of GRID has also led Feral to implement an unusual post-install process – the game itself is a 4GB download on the App Store, but several gigabytes of additional content and high resolution textures are delivered as free IAPs, bringing the storage space requirements to around 6GB.
If you're still not sure whether your device can handle the game, here's a full rundown: supported iPads include iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 9.7-inch and iPad (2017) 9.7-inch. Supported iPhones include iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, and iPhone SE.
As mentioned, players will need 6GB of free space to install the base game with all of the free DLC packs, although Feral recommends having at least 8GB of free space to avoid installation issues.
GRID Autosport is a one-time purchase and costs $9.99 on the App Store. [Direct Link]
Top Rated Comments
If you're going to question anything, question the "mix of simulation and arcade handling" and "console quality".
... downloading now