Apple's Beats brand in April unveiled the Powerbeats Pro, a redesigned wire-free version of its popular fitness-oriented Powerbeats earbuds.
MacBook Pro Updates
Apple Watch Pre-Order Shipping Estimates Slipping Rapidly to 4-6 Weeks or Later
Some Apple Watch models started out with 4 to 6 week delivery estimates, including the stainless steel Apple Watches with Modern Buckle and Leather Loop bands. Stainless steel Apple Watch models with Link Bracelets had a June delivery date at launch, while Apple Watch Edition models listed May delivery dates.
This is a running list of shipping times in U.S. Refresh for latest estimates:
- Apple Watch Sport White 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport White 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Blue 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Blue 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Green 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Green 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Pink 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Pink 42mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Space Gray 38mm: June
- Apple Watch Sport Space Gray 42mm: June
- Apple Watch with Sport Band: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Classic Buckle 38mm: Delivers 4/24 to 5/8
- Apple Watch with Classic Buckle 42mm: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Milanese Loop: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Leather Loop: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Brown): 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Black): 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Soft Pink): June
- Apple Watch with Modern Buckle (Blue): June
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Stainless Steel: 4-6 weeks
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Space Gray 38mm: June
- Apple Watch with Link Bracelet Space Gray 42mm: July
- Apple Watch Edition Rose Gold: July
- Apple Watch Edition Yellow Gold: June
Just hours ahead of Apple Watch pre-orders, Apple made the unprecedented move of announcing restricted supplies. In a press release, Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts warned potential customers that Apple expects "strong customer demand" to "exceed our supply at launch."
Because supplies are limited, all Apple Watch orders must be placed online. Apple does not plan to accept walk-in orders of the Apple Watch in the early weeks after launch, so customers planning to purchase a watch should order as soon as possible.
Wait times will only grow longer as people attend try-on appointments in retail stores and place pre-orders. Try-on appointments begin today, giving customers a chance to test and wear the Apple Watch ahead of its April 24 launch. Customers who already placed early orders for the Apple Watch will see April 24 delivery dates for some models, while customers who order today will need to wait several weeks to get their new Apple Watch devices.
Try-on appointments can be scheduled through Apple's concierge service, both online and in the Apple Store app. The try-on appointment system is currently experiencing difficulties and may be down for some users.