Night mode is an automatic setting which takes advantage of the new wide-angle camera that's in the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro models. It's equipped with a larger sensor that is able to let in more light, allowing for brighter photos when the light is low.
16" MacBook Pro Now Available
Apple Q2 Financial Results Conference Call (Details)
Summary of financial results were announced earlier today.
Conference Call Highlights
- Peter Oppenheimer: Highest March quarter revenue and net quarter income in Apple's history. Strong sales of Macs and iPods.
- Strong revenue growth, higher than expected gross margins (29%)
- Mac 62% of total revenue. Up 27%.
- 1,070,000 Macintoshes shipped
- 608,000 Desktops (up 55%)
- iMac G5, eMac, MacMini's 467,000
- PowerMacs 141,000
- 462,000 Portables
- iBooks 251,000
- PowerBooks 211,000
- Music Business - 38% of total Apple revenue.
- Shipped 5.3 million iPods during the Quarter
- New iPod Shuffle and new iPod Mini's
- Feb Data. #1 in the Flash MP3 margin. 43% market share in Flash.
- Now over 350 million songs sold on iTunes
- Retail growth
- Education Channel.
- Growth in Cash
- Next quarter will stop reporting CPU sales by product family, but instead in broad categories. Desktops and Portables to bring into line with detail in their music reporting as well as their competitors
- Q on supply/demand on iPods at this point across geographical regions. A: feel they reached a supply/demand balance by end of quarter
- Q: Pent up demand for Macs into this Q2 waiting for Tiger? A: Difficult to predict.
- Q: New Mac users in Retail? A: Low to mid-40% range. sales quite strong.
- Q: iPod gross Margins A: Overall line margin was a little above 20% in the Quarter
- Q: How many Mac Mini's sold? A: We're not going to do that for competitive reasons. Very pleased with customer response and sales.
- Q: Last conference call, mentioned that putting a G5 in a PowerBook would be a significant technical challenge. A: Still think it's the "mother of all" thermal challenges.
- Q: Question about future products on the magnitude of the iPod in the future? A: Can't answer that question.
- Q: MacMini and Best Buy and targets. Also we're expecting a refresh coming for PowerMacs. Thoughts about PowerMac and sales? A: Did ship some units to Best Buy at the beginning of April. On the PowerMac, the PowerMac is largely driven by our Pro business. Continue to see a desktop migration to mobile, however, the PowerMac continues to be a very important part of our lineup for many of our customers. Obviously we'll continue to announce great things w/ respect to the PowerMac.
- HP iPod sales made up less than 3% of iPod sales.
- Q: iTunes profits? A: A little above break even
- Hard Drive base MP3 marketshare 90%
- Flash based MP3 marketshare 43% (0% to 43% in the month of availability)
- 70% overall MP3 market share for Feb. Up from December Quarter