For the iPad edition, restaurants can attach a customer's name to their order, as well as customize orders with modifiers like "no pickles" -- and the app also has gained the ability to connect to Bluetooth barcode scanners for retail outlets.
New on iPhone:
- Item library: Add items to a sale with a tap. Build your item library to simplify and speed up checkout. Customize items with photos, names, and prices.
- Smarter payment pad: Add multiple custom amounts to a sale, add notes to each amount, and view or edit all amounts in one place before charging.
- Custom Tipping: Allow customers to enter custom tip amounts.
- New look: Ring up customers and edit settings more easily than ever with an all-new design.
New on iPad:
- Easy order modifiers: Customize orders at the counter and send them to your kitchen while your line keeps moving.
- Customizable kitchen tickets: Include a custom name or number on each kitchen ticket.
- Barcode scanning: Sync your Bluetooth barcode scanner with Square Register to speed up your checkout.
Square can be used by a variety of businesses to take credit card payments on the go or at fixed locations.
Square Register is a free download from the App Store. [Direct Link]