Apple retailers frequently discount iPhones, Macs and iPads for Black Friday.
Apple Releases OS X 10.8.1 with Fixes for Migration Assistant, Exchange, and iMessage Issues
The update is Build 12B19, up two build numbers from last Friday's developer seed.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:OS X 10.8.1 is a relatively small update at just 24.2 MB, with Apple pushing out a handful of high-priority fixes for issues discovered in the initial public release of OS X Mountain Lion.
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.