Apple Releases Lion Developer Preview 3 and Xcode 4.1 Preview 5
Per MacStories, Apple has released a new Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 3 to its developers this evening as well as Xcode 4.1 Developer Preview 5. Apple last updated Lion for developers in late April. That version contained several UI changes presumably based on feedback from developers.
Apple is expected to discuss lion at WWDC which takes place in early June. Apple has targeted Mac OS X Lion for a summer release. No word yet on what's new in this build of Lion. The build for this latest version is 11A459e.
Update: MacStories reports: "We’re hearing the first changes in Lion DP 3 include a new boot animation, new graphical elements in the Finder’s toolbar, new desktop wallpapers and the Reading List, now enabled in Safari."
Update: Itsalltech.com details (with screenshots) many of the new changes in Lion:
- New options in System Preferences>Mission Control
- There is a new animation when logging into the computer and displaying the desktop (seems buggy at this time)
- New Reminders menu in iCal
- New next desktop button in Dashboard space:
- New options when right-clicking (this appears to be buggy at this time):
- Compatibility to external displays has been improved (especially in Mission Control)
- There is now a Mission Control app
- Finder’s toolbar has been slightly updated:
- Desktop wallpapers have been updated (and new ones have been added);
- Reading List has been enabled in Safari:
- New changes in Mission Control: can add “desktops” right from Mission Control by clicking “+” button, close spaces from Mission Control, Mission Control no longer displaying text “Desktop 1″ etc., when hovering over desktop thumbnails, magnification of thumbnails are seen
- Scrollbars now change color depending on the background (black background=light scrollbar and vice versa):
Update 2: Reading List screenshots.
New Login screen: