Updated models with AMD graphics options expected in early 2017.
'Apple Store' iOS Application Goes Live in App Store [Updated]
As rumored, Apple's new iOS application dedicated to the company's retail store experience is now live in the App Store. Known simply as Apple Store, the free application allows users to shop the full online Apple Store, pre-order the new iPhone 4, locate Apple retail stores, and sign up for retail store appointments and workshops.
With the Apple Store app, you can:
- See new and featured products from Apple.
- Shop the full selection of products available from the Apple Online Store.
- Find the latest accessories and software.
- Read customer reviews and get answers to product questions.
- Buy or reserve a new iPhone with just a few taps.
- Locate any Apple Retail Store in the world, instantly.
- Make Personal Shopping, Genius Bar, and One to One appointments.
- Sign up for workshops and events at your favorite Apple Retail Store.
Unfortunately, launching the application currently showing only Apple's "We'll be back soon" sticky note, as the company's online store has been taken down after briefly going live with iPhone 4 pre-orders and a redesigned Mac mini.
Update: Apple has posted a press release announcing the release of the application. The release does suggest that Apple Store is initially available only in the United States, and it is unclear whether the company is planning to extend availability to other countries in the future.