When Will macOS Ventura Be Released? [Update: It's Out!]
Update: macOS Ventura is rolling out now, though it may take a few minutes before it shows up for some users.
First announced in June at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, macOS Ventura is Apple's next-generation operating system for Mac. Developers and public beta testers have spent the past few months trying out the new version while Apple has been refining it, and a full public release is now right around the corner.
The update includes a number of new features and changes such as updates to apps like Safari, Mail, and Messages, Live Text, Visual Look Up, and Dictation enhancements.
macOS Ventura gets Weather and Clock apps for the first time, while a new Continuity Camera feature lets you use your iPhone as a high-quality webcam for your Mac. Stage Manager brings a new way to multitask by organizing your apps and windows into a single view with individual apps or groups of apps stored in a shelf off to the side of the desktop and easily accessible with a click.
macOS Ventura Release Date and Time
macOS Ventura became available for registered members of Apple's developer program immediately following the WWDC keynote on June 7, and Apple released the public beta on July 11. Apple originally said macOS Ventura would be released to the public in "the fall" of 2022, without specifying a precise date.
Apple later updated its website to note that macOS Ventura would launch in October, and alongside a spate of hardware updates via press releases on October 18, Apple finally announced that macOS Ventura will launch on Monday, October 24.
Apple's operating system releases typically happen around 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, but the company has not announced an exact time for the macOS Ventura release. Assuming the typical 10:00 a.m. Pacific launch time, macOS Ventura will be available at approximately these times around the world:
- Honolulu, Hawaii — 7:00 a.m. HST
- Anchorage, Alaska — 9:00 a.m. AKDT
- Cupertino, California — 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Phoenix, Arizona — 10:00 a.m. MST
- Vancouver, Canada — 10:00 a.m. PDT
- Denver, Colorado — 11:00 a.m. MDT
- Dallas, Texas — 12:00 noon CDT
- New York, New York — 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Toronto, Canada — 1:00 p.m. EDT
- Halifax, Canada — 2:00 p.m. ADT
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil — 2:00 p.m. BRT
- London, United Kingdom — 6:00 p.m. BST
- Berlin, Germany — 7:00 p.m. CEST
- Paris, France — 7:00 p.m. CEST
- Cape Town, South Africa — 7:00 p.m. SAST
- Moscow, Russia — 8:00 p.m. MSK
- Helsinki, Finland — 8:00 p.m. EEST
- Istanbul, Turkey — 8:00 p.m. TRT
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates — 9:00 p.m. GST
- Delhi, India — 10:30 p.m. IST
- Jakarta, Indonesia — 12:00 a.m. WIB next day
- Shanghai, China — 1:00 a.m. CST next day
- Singapore — 1:00 a.m. SGT next day
- Perth, Australia — 1:00 a.m. AWST next day
- Hong Kong — 1:00 a.m. HKT next day
- Seoul, South Korea — 2:00 a.m. KST next day
- Tokyo, Japan — 2:00 a.m. JST next day
- Adelaide, Australia — 3:30 a.m. ACDT next day
- Sydney, Australia — 4:00 a.m. AEDT next day
- Auckland, New Zealand — 6:00 a.m. NZDT next day
macOS Ventura is compatible with the MacBook Air (2018 and later), MacBook Pro (2017 and later), MacBook (2017), iMac (2017 and later), iMac Pro (2017), Mac mini (2018 and later), Mac Studio (2022), and Mac Pro (2019 and later).