Twitter on iOS Now Lets You Easily Search For Tweets From Specific Accounts

Twitter on iOS is now rolling out the ability for users to more easily search for tweets from a specific account, using a new search field that appears on an account's page.

twitter ios search field
The feature, which was first spotted on Twitter, offers users a much easier way to search for tweets from a specific user. While the ability was previously possible using the standard Twitter search field, the new search field is more straightforward and logical.

Twitter is testing several new features for users, including a new change that would see the Twitter timeline go edge-to-edge for photos and videos on iOS. That change is being tested with a small group of users, and it's currently unknown if it will be released to all Twitter users on iOS.

Tag: Twitter

bviktor Avatar
Already deleted this garbage from my phone. I've just had it will all the recommendations and promotions and trending and ****.
radow Avatar
long overdue. also 3rd party clients did this way earlier…
NPC Compliant Avatar

long overdue. also 3rd party clients did this way earlier…
Better later than never, I guess; Tweetbot user. I still want Twitter to die
dimplemonkey Avatar
The cancel culture is now licking their chops with this new feature. Tweet responsibly, my friends. <eyeroll>
TechRunner Avatar
Still waiting for Twitter to add editing after posting. And the ability to batch delete ancient tweets.
mctape Avatar

Can someone speculate on why a basic feature such as search, is implemented that late?

Just curious.
I’m not a Twitter user.

I’ve tried it once and found it incredibly disorienting.
Search has existed on twitter for well over a decade, and with it the ability to search for terms in tweets from a specific user. The functionality being described in this post is just an additional, more-obvious UI element to do the thing you could already do.