Apple Releases HomePod 14.7 Software With Support for Managing Timers From the Home App

Apple today released a new 14.7 software update for the HomePod and the HomePod mini, which is designed to accompany the iOS 14.7 release that is now available on the iPhone.

HomePodandMini feature orange
According to Apple's release notes, today's update allows users to manage timers directly from the Home app on the iPhone and the iPad. Apple says the update also includes general performance and stability improvements.

There have been multiple complaints of sudden HomePod failures possibly due to overheating with the prior 14.6 update, but it is not clear if the 14.7 software fixes these issues.

‌‌‌‌‌HomePod‌‌‌‌‌‌ software is installed automatically on the ‌‌‌‌‌‌HomePod‌‌ unless the feature is disabled‌‌‌‌, but the ‌‌‌‌‌‌HomePod‌‌‌‌‌‌ can also be manually updated in the Home app by following the instructions in our ‌‌HomePod‌‌ update how to.

Related Roundups: HomePod, HomePod mini

JCCL Avatar
Hope it’s a good update, to honor the sacrifice of all those who perished.
Think|Different Avatar
I'm not rushing to go first. :)
MacBird Avatar
I updated to 14.7, no problems so far.
0194839 Avatar
So I’ve update both my OG Homepods (theater mode ATV4K 2021) and everything seems fine. I did heard a loud fart though but after some investigation it seemed my girlfriend was the culprit. Anyway, somehow Siri jumped from my left HomePod to the right?! How.. and why..? So many questions..
tgwaste Avatar
Dear Apple,
I don't want support for managing timers. I want the damn timer to just sound ONCE and not infinitely as I am so very very tired of saying: Hey Siri: Stop timer.
MacDevil7334 Avatar

We just need to know if they get overly hot.

I can see this thread being a bit “I’m not trying it, you try it” ?

I’m holding off for a bit anyway. Mine are still unplugged.
I just plugged mine back in and am about to do the update. Really have missed the HomePods in my office over the past week. Keeping my fingers crossed!