Epix, owned by MGM, today announced the launch of a new Epix Now service, which provides access to original Epix TV shows and thousands of movies for $5.99 per month.

Original Epix Now TV shows include "Berlin Station," "Deep State," "Get Shorty," "Graves," and "Pennyworth."

epixnow
The service also offers popular movies that include "Arrival," "A Quiet Place," "Mother," "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back," "Iron Man 2," and more. Many classic films are also included.

Epix Now is offering some of its content in 4K, and offline viewing is an available option. The four Epix linear live channels are available to Epix Now users as well.

"2019 is poised to be an incredible year of growth for our network," said Michael Wright, President, EPIX. "Launching EPIX Now and providing consumers nationwide with access to our premium original programming and blockbuster movies is an exciting moment for our company and solidifies our commitment to bring high-level storytelling to as many people as possible. We look forward to welcoming new audiences to our network."

Content can be watched on the Apple TV and iOS devices, with Epix offering a 7-day free trial.

Epix Now has a lot of services to compete with, including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, STARZ, Showtime, and others.

Unity451 Avatar
Oh good... I was starting to get worried because it's been more than 24 hours since a new content service for me to subscribe to has been launched. I'll sleep much better tonight.
mlrproducts Avatar
How long before some clever, enterprising individual negotiates a big reseller discounts with the main providers?

So you subscribe to GarryFlix for $29.95 a month and get access to Netflix, Amazon, Disney and all the others.

I may need to work on the name.
It's called cable. And it used to be $29.95 a month.
Saturnine Avatar

I may need to work on the name.
Octavius8 Avatar
So less and less content in each service and crappy movies (Remember the video home or direct to VHS movies concept) pushed every month in Netflix. It is cable tv in the form of OTT. Soon they will be grouped together. How about a service that has the extras that DVD/BR have?, like director comments, extra scenes, alternative endings, etc. For that I would pay an extra.
I can't pay for 10 different streaming services, I will pay for 3 and then... let's say that a lot of people will resort to the old alternative ways of watching exactly what they want instead of paying full and suffering 90% of bad content.
luvbug Avatar
Seems they all offer a free week to evaluate. With all these individual streaming services coming out almost daily, you could just do the free week on one at a time, and when you make it through them all, you'll probably be able to start over again, due to the longish period since you canceled. Personally, I don't watch any of it. Content these days is 95% about people behaving badly, and I really don't need to pay to be reminded, thank you.
subjonas Avatar
Do basically all these services will get 5.99 a year from me as I skip from one service to the next binge watching.

Yes I said a year. I will have no loyalty to any one service. I wonder if they’ll make more or less this way.

Can I invent a word/phrase for 2019 - Binge jumping. The act of jumping from one provider to the next binging all they have to offer.
This is way to go, I believe. I’ll keep a cheap grandfathered subscription like my directv now mostly for live sports, and Netflix as there are a ton of shows on there that I like to watch regularly. But all the rest I’m happy to start and stop monthly one at a time, and binge for that month like you said. It takes a bit more strategic planning, but well worth saving what could otherwise come out to hundreds of dollars more per year.