On our YouTube channel, we've got a monthly series that highlights new, interesting, fun, and useful apps that we think are worth downloading and checking out.
There are so many apps on the iOS App Store, which makes it hard to find new content, and it can also be easy to overlook great apps that are a bit older. We've designed our app lists to include apps - both old and new - that we personally recommend and have used over the course of the month.
- Pocket Penguins (Free) - Here in the Bay Area, we have a great place that's part zoo, part science museum, and part research institute called the California Academy of the Sciences. The California Academy of Sciences is home to a bunch of endangered African penguins (as part of a breeding program), which you can watch through the Pocket Penguins app. It's a penguin livestream that's on 24/7, and it's a fun second screen activity (there's an Apple TV app too) or something to do when you need a wildlife breather. If you like the penguins, you may also like the stingray feed.
- Hop (Free) - There's a popular game called Hop, but we're talking about the email app in this week's video. Hop is a team-based email app that's designed to make your email more like a chat conversation than a traditional email inbox. It's supposed to make sending and managing emails much faster for those of us who need some assistance cutting down on the inbox time.
- Pod Calendar (Free) - Pod Calendar is a free app that's a simple, light alternative to the standard Calendar app on the iPhone and iPad. It uses color coding for all of your events so it's easy to see what's going on at a glance, and it uses natural language for adding new entries quickly. There's support for multiple calendars, multiple reminders, an interaction history for your contacts, and tools for sending quick emails and messages.
- Zedge Wallpapers (Free) - As the name suggests, this is an app for downloading wallpapers. When we upload videos, we get a lot of questions about the wallpaper we're using. A lot of the time, the wallpapers in our videos are from this app. Check it out if you're looking for a fresh look for your iPhone - there are thousands to choose from.
- PUBG (and Fortnite) (Free) - Unless you're living under a rock, you've heard of PUBG and Fortnite, both of which are battle royale-style games that are super popular right now. The idea is to kill or be killed, with the aim of the game to be the last person standing. PUBG and Fortnite both came out on iOS recently, with PUBG available to everyone and Fortnite available as a beta. You might not think a battle royale game would work on an iOS device, but both of these games are surprisingly good and worth checking out.
If you have favorite iOS apps, make sure to share them with us. We'll check out what you have to recommend and we may just include them next month. Want more apps? Check out our February recommendations.
Top Rated Comments