Best Buy today launched a new Apple sale that will last for the rest of the week, this time focusing on the latest 2017 MacBook Air models and the 2015 iPad mini 4. In the sale, select MacBook Air configurations have been discounted by $150-$250 (with an additional $50 off if you're a college student or parent of a K–12 or college student), while the Wi-Fi iPad mini 4 is discounted by $100 across the board and cellular options are marked down by up to $200 with a contract on select carriers.
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.
The MacBook Air models on sale include both of the basic configurations sold on Apple.com, coming in $50-$100 below rival third-party retailers with some of the cheapest prices currently available online for the 2017 notebooks. The third model on sale is a higher-end configuration with boosted processor speeds and hard drive capacity. If you're a student or parent of a student you can save an extra $50 on all models.
Apple is said to be preparing a new entry-level notebook, but the latest rumors indicate it isn't ready to debut at this week's event, so if you're in the market for a MacBook Air now, this is a good opportunity to buy.
For the iPad mini 4, Best Buy's prices are now $50-$100 cheaper than other retailers. The last update to the iPad mini came in the form of a price drop for the 128GB storage tier in March 2017 -- now the only storage capacity available to purchase in new condition. One year later, there are still no signs of a more substantial update for the iPad mini, so if Apple plans to discontinue the 7.9-inch tablet completely at some point, the iPad mini 4 is your best option if you like the size.
Check out all of the products on sale at Best Buy this week in the list below:
13-inch MacBook Air
- 1.8 GHz, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD - $849.99, down from $999.99 (additional $50 off for students and parents of students)
- 1.8 GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD - $999.99, down from $1,199.99 (additional $50 off for students and parents of students)
- 2.2 GHz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD - $1,299.99, down from $1,549.99 (additional $50 off for students and parents of students)
128GB iPad mini 4 (Wi-Fi)
- Silver - $299.99, down from $399.99
- Space Gray - $299.99, down from $399.99
- Gold - $299.99, down from $399.99
128GB iPad mini 4 (cellular)
- Verizon, all colors - $17.91/mo. for 24 months, down from $22.08/mo.; or $329.99 with 2-year contract, down from $529.99
- Sprint, all colors - $17.92/mo. for 24 months, down from $22.08
Other ongoing Apple deals at Best Buy:
- 21.5-inch 2.3 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive - $899.99, down from $1,099.99
- 21.5-inch Retina 4K 3.0 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive - $1,099.99, down from $1,299.99
- 21.5-inch Retina 4K 3.4 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive - $1,299.99, down from $1,499.99
- 27-inch Retina 5K 3.4 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive - $1,599.99, down from $1,799.99
- 27-inch Retina 5K 3.5 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive - $1,799.99, down from $1,999.99
- 1.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive - $399.99, down from $499.99
- 2.6 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive - $599.99, down from $699.99
Those interested can head to Best Buy to make their purchases before the MacBook Air and iPad mini sale expires this Saturday, March 31. For more of the latest discounts and sales happening this spring, be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup.