New in OS X: Get MacRumors Push Notifications on your Mac

Resubscribe Now Close

CES 2018: The Best of ShowStoppers With Nanoleaf, GameSir, iZotope, and More

The last major CES 2018 event, ShowStoppers, took place last night and there were hundreds of companies showing off their newest wares. Much of what was at ShowStoppers was available at other shows, so MacRumors videographer Dan hunted down some of the more obscure and interesting products that were being demoed this time around.

Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos.

First up was the Nanoleaf Remote, which is designed to work with the Nanoleaf Light Panels and other HomeKit accessories. The Nanoleaf Remote is a dodecahedron with built-in LEDs and support for touch gestures to activate scenes. Each side represents a different HomeKit scene, and whichever side is facing upwards is the scene that's displayed. It's a nifty little accessory that will be available for $50 later this year.

For kids, the Playbrush attaches to any manual toothbrush and turns brushing into a game, while a new game, Beasts of Balance, turns real-world towers into fantasy worlds on your iPad. It's a sort of modern-day Jenga with appealing visuals and a fun digital component.

Gaming company GameSir was demoing a customizable controller for iOS devices with a trackpad and a unique button layout, Neo, a company that makes smart pens, was showing off its latest offering, and audio company iZotope demoed its Spire Studio, designed to allow musicians to mix and record music while on the go.

Make sure to stay tuned to MacRumors for additional CES coverage, because we're hitting up the show floor over the course of the next couple of days. We're highlighting new products and accessories relevant to Apple users over the course of the week, so check out our CES 2018 hub to see all of our coverage.



Top Rated Comments

(View all)

12 months ago
why am i not impressed with any of this?
Rating: 8 Votes
12 months ago
I was impressed by the Under Screen Finger print tech being shown.
2 different companies with 2 different versions will be coming out which is always excellent for consumers, meaning competition.
Won't be that long I'm sure before we start to see some big name, mainstream brands of phone appearing with under screen finger print tech, which I'm sure many people will love.

[MEDIA=youtube]2Jhto1-gfMM[/MEDIA]

Surprised there is no Front Page news story here about thus coming soon finally.
Rating: 6 Votes
12 months ago

IMHO, its more of what we think we can do, vs we think what you could do with it if you needed it. Its amazing how far we come with technology, but now it seems like HERE IS SOMETHING we can create we just hope you can find a reason to use it.


This is 100% natural, how it should be, and is called evolution.

Can you imagine is Apple invented the world! How far back we'd be.

Nature makes everything it can in every permutation it can.
The good things survive and get improved upon generation after generation.
The things which don't work well, fall by the wayside.

I'd not wish it any other way, and without this happening, non of us would be here.
Apple would have made a dinosaur and stuck with it.

Like cars. We did not wait a few
The 1st car was made in about 1808
Thousands of ideas, concepts, methods, materials, designs etc etc have been tried from that date right up till today.
99.9% of them fell by the wayside, leaving us with the 0.1% of ideas that were the great ones.

In 1808 they did not think. "Lets wait 210 years" and then make the perfect car in 2018.
No, they tried anything and everything and the car evolved.

Such has been with computers, and phones, and gadgets.
And let's pray it continues.

God can you imagine an Apple world.
We'd all have 4 cars to chose from, 2 homes to live in. 3 holidays to pick from, 1 coffee brand, 5 types of cloths.

What a sad state that would be
Rating: 1 Votes
12 months ago

I was impressed by the Under Screen Finger print tech being shown.
2 different companies with 2 different versions will be coming out which is always excellent for consumers, meaning competition.
Won't be that long I'm sure before we start to see some big name, mainstream brands of phone appearing with under screen finger print tech, which I'm sure many people will love.

[MEDIA=youtube]2Jhto1-gfMM[/MEDIA]

Surprised there is no Front Page news story here about thus coming soon finally.

because these are mechanical censors , and its not secure and apple , Samsung or google will probably never use them
Rating: 1 Votes
12 months ago

why am i not impressed with any of this?


Because it's an attempt to bury the story just before this one as quickly as possible.
Rating: 1 Votes
12 months ago
The only showstopper at CES so far has been the power....
Rating: 1 Votes

[ Read All Comments ]