Bell Fibe TV Now Available on Apple TV in Canada

Canadian carrier Bell has announced that its Fibe TV app is now available on the fourth-generation Apple TV in Ontario and Québec. The app allows Fibe TV subscribers to watch up to 450 channels live or on demand, with the ability to record, pause, and rewind live TV coming later this year.

bell-fibe-tv-apple-tv
The app features trending and on demand TV shows, a programming guide for live TV, and search functionality. A dedicated menu for recorded TV shows will be added later this year. Bell's website says the Fibe TV app requires an unlimited internet plan, available as a $15 per month upgrade.

Bell also now sells the 32GB fourth-generation Apple TV for $199 at its stores in Ontario and Québec and through its website.

Fibe TV is Canada's largest internet-based TV service with over 1.3 million subscribers as of September 2016.

Related Roundup: Apple TV
Tags: Bell, Canada
Buyer's Guide: Apple TV (Caution)

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

ipedro Avatar
I'm in as long as I don't have to rent, buy or even own a Bell Fibe box. If I can pay for a package and then just use my AppleTV, this is pretty much exactly what I've been waiting for.
lunarworks Avatar
This isn't for cable cutters: You've still gotta pay $70/month or whatever it is to access the service. You're just replacing the Bell box with your Apple TV.
Jack Ar Avatar
Here in Toronto, Ontario where I live, we only have Bell Fibe or Rogers Cable as an option. Between the 2, Bell is less garbage.

I think this is a move in conjunction with the rumored CRTC ruling that Bell Fibe will be available in January 2017 without having to be a Bell Internet user.

This is good news for me overall
I don't think this was a rumor, Bell actually announced this prior to attending a CRTC hearing..... I'll believe it when I see it, but positive development if I can dis-aggregate my Bell FibeTV account from my Bell Fibe Internet account and choose whatever provider I want to get Internet.
[doublepost=1478227060][/doublepost]Perfect timing, going to get my wife an Apple TV for Christmas so she can stop hogging my TV. Anyone try this yet? Is it the same experience as using the regular FibeTV app on your iPad?
2457282 Avatar
This is positive. Now let's see if Comcrap or Verizon or Uverse or TW will put their apps on the ATV. This would at least get rid of the mammoth cable boxes.
Junior117 Avatar
Well, this is certainly a welcome surprise. Looks like I no longer need a receiver then (the wireless receiver, not the DVR; I'm pretty sure Bell won't let you get rid of the DVR).

This is good news for me overall
I can second that statement; Rogers is horrible, while Bell is "okay".
foxconn Avatar
I'll stick to streaming. I only watch sports and $100/month for cable isn't worth it. **** them all. Can't wait for them to lose money