Apple has discounted a slew of scary movies to celebrate Halloween, offering both horror titles and more family-oriented Halloween-themed films at low prices. The complete Saw collection composed of seven movies is available for just $29.99, for example. [Direct Link]
A Horror Movies section [Direct Link] in the iTunes Store has more than 30 different HD films that are priced at $9.99 for a limited time. Some of the more popular movies available:
- I Am Legend [Direct Link]
- The Shining [Direct Link]
- The Exorcist [Direct Link]
- The Ring [Direct Link]
- Zombieland [Direct Link]
- Cabin in the Woods [Direct Link]
- Poltergeist [Direct Link]
A selection of less scary movies, including The Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Ghostbusters, and more, is located in a Family-Friendly Frights section in the iTunes store. All of these HD titles are also priced at $9.99. [Direct Link]
Quite a few games and apps have been discounted for Halloween, and a master list of price drops can be found over at our sister site AppShopper by searching for the most recent price cuts.
- Super Glyph Quest - $0.99 (down from $2.99) [Direct Link]
- Minuum keyboard - $0.99 (down from $3.99) [Direct Link]
- Zoombies - Free (down from $0.99) [Direct Link]
- Slender Man Origins [Direct Link]
- Slender Man Origins 2 - Free (down from $2.99) [Direct Link]
- Organ Trail - $0.99 (down from $2.99) [Direct Link]
- Home, A Unique Horror Adventure - $0.99 (down from $2.99) [Direct Link]
- LIMBO - $1.99 (down from $4.99) [Direct Link]
- Dark Meadow - $0.99 (down from $5.99) [Direct Link]
- The Room Two - $0.99 (down from $2.99) [Direct Link]
Several retailers are offering some great deals on their products in celebration of Halloween. Mophie, for example, is offering 20 percent off all of its products with the promo code LIVINGDEAD, with the discount valid until 11/2.
Speck is offering a similar deal, providing customers with 20 percent off all products aside from iPhone 6 and 6 Plus cases with the promo code TRICKORTREAT. Speck's deal will last until 10/31.
Griffin is offering 20 percent off all products sidewide using the promo code SPOOKY20. The sale will last through the end of the week.
Twelve South is giving all of its customers $5 coupon that can be applied to any product at checkout using the promo code TRICK4TWEET.
Thinkgeek is offering 20 percent off all products sitewide with the promo code SUGARSKULL, with the sale lasting through the weekend.