FireCore -- the company behind the Apple TV jailbreak apps aTV Flash and Seas0nPass -- has released a new version of Infuse, its iOS video playing app. The update adds a new iOS 7-inspired interface, as well as network streaming support, and more. The app is a competitor for VLC, which returned to iOS earlier this year.
Infuse users can load a wide variety of video files onto the app via Wi-Fi through a browser or FTP server, iTunes Sync, or network share.
Users can upgrade to Infuse Pro -- a $5 in-app purchase -- to play a wider variety of video formats, display subtitles, add support for multi-format AirPlay streaming as well as the new network streaming feature. Current Infuse owners get Infuse Pro free by launching their old version of Infuse and "purchasing" the free In-App Purchase before upgrading to Infuse 2.
MORE THAN JUST A PRETTY FACE
- Optimized playback engine (plays full 1080p)
- Beautiful layout with quick access to video info
- Artwork and metadata added automatically
- Subtitle downloads from OpenSubtitles.org
- Multiple audio tracks
- Gesture controls
- 3 zoom options (normal, crop, stretch)
- Scrobble plays to trakt.tv
- Drag and drop video uploads via web browser
- Import videos from iTunes, Dropbox or email
- TV out via HDMI or VGA adapter
- Optimized for iOS 7 and retina display
UPGRADE TO INFUSE PRO TO GET EVEN MORE!
- Play more video formats (MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, M4V, MOV, FLV, OGM, OGV, ASF, 3GP, DVR-MS, WebM, WTV)
- Integrated Dolby® Digital Plus (AC3) mobile surround sound
- Add subtitles (SRT, SSA, SUB, DVDSub, PGS, XSUB, Timed Text, VobSub, DVB)
- Multi-format AirPlay streaming
- Stream videos from a Mac, PC or network storage drive