With Apple's October 22nd Media Event kicking off on Tuesday, some users are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.
For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.
Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts in the thread about the announcements.
Video Available: Video Stream - No spoilers on the page at the time of this posting.
Top Rated Comments
Flash! Apple adds new capabilities to Apple Time Machine, allowing users to actually fast forward or rewind time. It was a great announcement tomorrow!
What's that? You want to know the rules? OK!
I'm pasting in the "rules" from the past spoiler-free threads (yes, this isn't 'Nam, there are rules). If you can't follow them, please go elsewhere. The point of this thread is to be informed of the live stream as soon as possible without risking spoilers from around the Internet. Got it?
Originally Posted by robogobo
1) no spoilers, of course. That means no hints, jokes, what is, what isn't or anything related to the discussions going on around the Internet once the keynote starts, or once the official thread is up.
2) no speculation. This has been a problem in the past, and certain people think it's ok to mindlessly speculate. It isn't. Just don't.
3) the spoiler-free thread is a place for Apple fans to distract themselves, to take attention away from the live blogs and rumors before, during and after the keynote until the official stream is available online. That's the point. Talk about books, movies, music, your dog, whatever. But nothing Apple or Apple related. Nothing.
With all due respect, the rules have been crowd sourced over the past seven years, and... accurately reflect the spirit of all spoiler free threads since 2006. Specifically, No Speculation! Look at the WWDC 2012 thread for a great example of what the poster called "mindless speculation" that caused everyone to jump on him. The rules are simple, nothing Apple - because at first glance speculation looks like a rumor or spoiler, and it causes us to flinch. So just don't.
Originally Posted by anshuvorty
Welcome to another edition of the spoiler-free experience...! This post will contain the official live keynote stream (when one is available). Please don't post any rumors/speculation. Until then, feel free to pass the time here.
Keynote Checker (Courtesy of Voidness): http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/
- Do not mention any current rumors/new rumors
- Do not mention Apple's stock price
- Do assume everyone in this thread has heard nothing about (the) Event
- Use common sense when posting
- Do not say what was not in the Keynote (ex. "They didn't update the AppleTVs!!")
- Be Patient!
Purpose of This Thread
The purpose is that people can bookmark this thread, and check in periodically to see if a link to the Keynote is posted (instead of being spoiled by seeing pictures on the MacRumors' homepage ). It's like we've all seen trailers for a movie (like the part leaks), but we want to watch the movie (the Keynote) without knowing the ending.
Also if someone does post spoilers please report them via the button located on the left of each post. Please do not quote the offending post.
Following these rules will make a better experience for everyone. Thanks!
Theory for why they didn't live-stream last month:
- iTunes Festival ate up all their resources.
- They had to make sure Beijing and other destinations had a working stream. For all we know they could have needed the traffic for themselves.
This month could be similar, as they are live-streaming to London and other places. Hopefully we'll get that sacred link though.
Also, woohoo, first post! I've been up 3AM/4AM the last few years to catch these things. First time I've been bothered to join these forums. I honestly think these are better to look forward to than Xmas.