Night mode is an automatic setting which takes advantage of the new wide-angle camera that's in the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro models. It's equipped with a larger sensor that is able to let in more light, allowing for brighter photos when the light is low.
macOS Catalina Now Available
iOS 4.2 Notes: Revamped Me.com Login Page, iWork for iPad and Find My iPhone Updates
- MobileMe: Apple's Me.com web-based MobileMe services are currently down as the company makes changes presumably associated with its "Find My iPhone" service transitioning from a part of the paid MobileMe service to a free service on compatible devices.
A revamped login page has occasionally been visible, giving a fresh look to the service with a prominent MobileMe cloud logo and animated wisps of the cloud offering some additional visual interest. The login page invites users to sign in with their Apple IDs, but they will not be able to so until they have set up Find My iPhone on their iOS 4.2 devices using their Apple IDs.
If the user proceeds to enter a Me.com email address as the login, the page automatically recognizes the entry as the user types and dynamically changes to display icons for the full suite of MobileMe services.
- iWork for iPad: Macworld reports that Apple will unsurprisingly be rolling out updates to its three iWork applications for the iPad today: Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. The updates will bring support for iOS 4.2 features such as multitasking and AirPrint, as well as several other changes including improved PDF export and presenter-display support for Keynote when connecting an iPad to an external display. Numbers will see the addition of print previews including Auto Fit functionality, as well as support for formula entry with a keyboard. Pages will gain automatic pagination of tables and fixes for several importing bugs.
- Find My iPhone: Apple's Find My iPhone application has also just been updated to add support for iOS 4.2 and the free service.
What's New in Version 1.1
- iPhone 4, iPad, or 4th generation iPod touch owners can use Find My iPhone for free with their Apple ID (iOS 4.2 required)
- Support for 30 additional languages
- Important: this update is required for users of the previous version of Find My iPhone app (v1.0 and v1.0.1)