Apple today released Apple RAID Card (Early 2009) Firmware Update 1.1, bringing several updates for the company's RAID card offered as an option on the Mac Pro and Xserve. The update is recommended for all Early 2009 Mac Pros and Xserves using the Apple RAID card.
This update provides several fixes, including:
- Reliability improvements during boot and power fail recovery
- Improves handling of hard drives with bad blocks
- Improves RAID 1 read performance
- Improves hard drive compatibility with non-Apple drives
- Improves support for systems with 48GB or larger memory
- Improves battery handling and reporting
Additional information is available in Apple's support document on the update.
The update weighs in at 25.9 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later. Apple released a similar update for earlier Mac Pro and Xserve models last month.