This update provides several fixes, including:
- Reliability improvements during boot and power fail recovery
- Improves handling of hard drives with bad blocks
- Improves RAID 1 read performance
- Improves hard drive compatibility with non-Apple drives
- Improves support for systems with 48GB or larger memory
- Improves battery handling and reporting
The update weighs in at 25.9 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later. Apple released a similar update for earlier Mac Pro and Xserve models last month.