Apple today released a pair of firmware updates for iMac users and users of Apple's RAID card for the Mac Pro and Xserve.
- iMac Graphics FW Update 1.0.2 improves system stability for iMacs using ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics cards.
This update is for iMac computers with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics card installed, running Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later.
It updates the graphics card firmware on the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics card in the iMac to improve system stability.
- Apple RAID Card Firmware Update fixes several issues for all Mac Pro and Xserve systems using Apple's RAID card.
This update provides several fixes, including:
- Reliability improvements during boot and power fail recovery
- Addresses a potential issue when rebuilding a degraded RAID 5
- Resolves an issue that can fill the on-board flash file system
- Improves battery handling and reporting
The update is recommend for all Mac Pro (Late 2006, Early 2008) and Xserve (Late 2006, Early 2008) systems with the Apple RAID card.
The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder and will launch automatically. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the update process.
For detailed information on this update, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3784.
The update weighs in at 26.12 MB and requires OS X 10.5.8 or later.