13.3", LED Backlit, Santa Rosa Laptop... from Dell
Engadget reveals some early marketing material for a new Dell notebook which carries a familiar and appealing set of specs:
- 13.3-inch screen, configurable with LED backlight
- Core 2 Duo processor (up to 2.4GHz)
- Santa Rosa chipset (965PM/GM)
- Slot-loading dual-layer DVDRW drive!
- Optional NVIDIA GeForce Go 8400M GS / 128MB
- Ethernet, 802.11a, a/g, or n options, Bluetooth option
- Dimensions with LED 12.5 x 9.4 x 0.87 - 1.33-inches (318 x 238 x 22.1 - 33.8mm)
- Weight starts at 4 pounds
Pricing and availability are not given. This new Dell "ultraportable" carries an internal design that many have been hoping for from a new Apple MacBook Pro. Indeed, there have been rumors that Apple would be incorporating the Santa Rosa chipset and LED backlit displays into their own "ultraportable" design.
Apple is expected to release new MacBook Pros in the morning (Tues, June 5th), but whether or not they will represent more than just a minor bump remains unknown.