New Skylake MacBook Pros coming in the fourth quarter.
Logic Pro X for Mac Gets Major Update With New Drummers, Tools for Electronic/Hip Hop Music Creation
Version 10.1 of the software, which is available for free for existing users, introduces new drummer profiles and more tools to make music creation a simpler task, plus it adds in new sounds with a focus on electronic and hip hop music.
There are 10 new drummer profiles to use in the new version of Logic Pro X, which can be used to produce beats in styles like Techno, House, Trap, and Dubstep, and there's also a new drum machine plug-in for tweaking drum sounds and making mixes. Each drummer has eight preset patterns, but they can be customized and users can create their own patterns as well.
The update introduces 200 synth patches and 10 new Mellotron instruments, and features like the piano roll editor have been improved. The Compressor plug-in now has a Retina-ready interface, and there's a plug-in manager to keep frequently-used plug-ins at hand and organized.
An expanded Logic Remote toolset offers a new plug-in view for use with the iPad, with multi-touch gestures able to manipulate tracks using the Visual Equalizer.
A full list of changes is below:
- 10 new Drummers that produce beats in a variety of electronic and hip hop styles including Techno, House, Trap, Dubstep and moreMore in-depth reviews on the new features in Logic Pro X can be found over at Macworld and CNET, sites that got a hands-on look at the update ahead of its release.
- Drummer provides specialized sound and performance controls for dialing in electronic or hip hop drum grooves
- New Drum Machine Designer plug-in offers new sounds and features for customizing electronic drum kits in a variety of styles
- Create a sequence of notes with a single mouse gesture using the new Brush Tool in the Piano Roll Editor
- New view options in the Piano Roll Editor let you see more notes in less vertical space and help identify drum sounds by name
- Easily compress or expand the timing of selected notes with new time handles in the Piano Roll Editor
- Note Repeat and Spot Erase modes allow classic drum machine style techniques for creating beats in realtime
- Smart Quantize proportionally corrects the timing and length of notes to preserve the musicality of your original performance
- Redesigned Compressor plug-in features scalable, Retina-ready interface and 7 models including the new Classic VCA
- Retro Synth can now create wavetables from imported audio and is able to stack up to 8 voices
- Expanded sound library includes over 200 new synth patches and 10 classic Mellotron instruments
- Automation can now be part of a region, not just the track, which makes it easier to use effects creatively
- Manage large-scale mixes more easily with the addition of console-style VCA faders
- Relative and Trim Automation modes extend the options for fine-tuning existing automation
- Mixer now allows remote control of microphone and other input settings for compatible audio interfaces
- Realtime rendering of fades allow them to work with Flex Pitch and speeds up project load times
- The Plug-in Manager now allows you to customize the organization of your menu
- Support for Mail Drop and Air Drop in OS X Yosemite makes it even easier to share your Logic projects
Logic Pro X can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $199.99. [Direct Link]
MainStage 3 for Mac has been updated with minor bug fixes. [Direct Link]
Logic Remote for iOS has been updated new features that integrate with Logic Pro X, including a new plug-in view, multi-touch gestures for manipulating track tone with Visual EQ, remote plug-in controls, and more. [Direct Link]