Parallels Desktop 9 with OS X Mavericks and Cloud Services Support Launches for Existing Customers
Parallels Desktop 9 brings a number of new features and enhancements, including faster performance and support for Apple's upcoming OS X Mavericks and Microsoft's Windows 8.1, while also building in new support for a number of cloud services. Among the main features of Parallels Desktop 9 are:
- Support for cloud services: Sync iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive etc., with your Mac and your Windows virtual machine without unnecessary duplication of files locally
- Enhanced Windows 8 and 8.1 support: Parallels Desktop brings back the real Start menu and lets customers use Metro apps in a window instead of full screen
- Security Center: Easily access and install complimentary security software subscriptions to keep the Mac and Windows virtual machines safe from viruses and malware, all from one location
- Enhanced new Virtual Machine Wizard: It is easier than ever to set up a new virtual machine, especially on computers that don’t have DVD drives
- Power Nap support: On a Retina MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air, the Power Nap feature now extends to Windows and Windows apps, so virtual machines and all Windows applications are always up-to-date
Upgrade pricing on Parallels Desktop 9 for users of version 7 or 8 is $49.99, with standard retail pricing set at $79.99 for regular users and $39.99 for students. Customers who purchased Parallels Desktop 8 on or after August 15 can also receive a free upgrade to version 9.
For a limited time, Parallels Desktop 9 customers also receive a free six-month subscription to the new Parallels Access service that allows users to access Mac and Windows machines from their iPads.