New Skylake MacBook Pros coming in the fourth quarter.
First iPad Mini Reviews: "Shockingly Nice to Hold", Non-Retina Display, Pricier than Rivals
- "What's unique about the Mini? Without a doubt, it's the design. It's cute, it's discreet, and it's very, very light."
- "If you're an obsessive over crisp text, you'll notice the fuzziness. If you're comparing the Mini to a laptop, you won't."
- "A Retina Display and a lower price would have made the iPad Mini perfect."
- "it's really shockingly nice to hold."
- Regrading smaller bezel: "All I know is that when reading books on the Kindle app or iBooks, holding on the side wasn't a problem."
- "I actually had a little trouble holding onto the device when I wasn't using the Smart Cover due to the back being as smooth as it is, and the frame being so thin."
- "There's something endearing about the mini that makes you want to keep it on-hand and use it often."
- "I don't think the lower resolution is a deal-breaker in this product, but it is a compromise you have to be aware of."
- "Battery life was — not surprisingly — everything Apple claimed it would be."
- "The iPad mini hasn't wrapped up the "cheapest tablet" market by any stretch of the imagination. But the "best small tablet" market? Consider it captured."
- "Overall, the tablet is very comfortable to hold; its thinness and lightness are both attributes that must be perceived first-hand."
- "Colors are very pleasing to the eye and viewing angles, as ever with an Apple display, do not disappoint."
- "In our standard battery run-down test, which entails looping a video with WiFi enabled and a fixed display brightness, the iPad mini managed an astounding 12 hours and 43 minutes."
- "This is, in many ways, Apple's best tablet yet, an incredibly thin, remarkably light, obviously well-constructed device that offers phenomenal battery life. "
- "To consider it just a cheap, tiny iPad is a disservice. This is, simply, a great tablet."
- "Lining those pluses and minuses up against those for the Nexus 7 – which garnered four stars – there's no doubt that this is indeed a five-star device. The 20% difference in comparative price is more than made up by the difference in build quality and software selection."
- "What I found was surprising to me. I actually used the iPad mini more than my iPad."
- "If you want to save $50 and buy a cheap-ass tablet, go ahead. If you want quality the iPad mini will be waiting for you when you come to your senses."
- "Everything just works on the mini — all of your old apps, iCloud, everything."