Next version of iOS with overhauled notifications, lock screen, Messages, Apple Music, and much more.
Apple Releases iPhone 1.1.1 Update [Updated]
The 154MB download warns that "If you have modified your iPhone's Software, applying this software update may result in your iPhone becoming permanantly inoperable."
Apple previously released a press release saying that users who specifically had SIM unlocked their iPhone should not proceed with the update as it may cause irreversible damage to your iPhone.
Apple's website has been updated with a new video that shows off the latest features of the iPhone update. The video is titled "Wi-Fi Music Store. Ringtones. And more."
New Features include:
- iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
- Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
- Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
- Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
- Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
- Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
- Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
- Support for TV Out
- Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
- New Passcode lock time intervals
- Adjustable alert volume
Update: Though it was hoped Apple would only be targeting SIM unlockers, the update is confirmed to have broken all 3rd party applications installed via Installer.app. On our iPhone that had 3rd party applications installed (but was NOT unlocked), the update reverted the iPhone back to only Apple-made applications, and the iPhone re-activated itself after installation (similar experiences are being shared in the forum).
Experience may vary, especially if your iPhone is unlocked. Unlocked users who wish to apply the update are recommended to wait until the promised re-locking tool surfaces.
- Are Unlocked iPhones Getting Bricked? At Least Some.
- 3rd Party Apps Disabled in iPhone 1.1.1
- iPhone 1.1.1 Harder to Hack/
More updates at MacRumors.com/iPhone