Once you've successfully paired your Powerbeats Pro earbuds to an iPhone or iPad, they'll be given the default name "[Your Name]'s Powerbeats Pro." If you want, you can change this name by following the simple steps below.
How to Change the Name of Powerbeats Pro on iOS
- On your iOS device, launch the Settings app.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the "i" icon next to your Powerbeats Pro in the My Devices list.
- At the next screen, tap Name and then input a new name for your earbuds using the onscreen virtual keyboard.
How to Change the Name of Powerbeats Pro on Mac
You can also rename your Powerbeats Pro earbuds on your Mac. Simply follow these steps to do so.
- On your Mac, launch System Preferences.
- Click the Bluetooth pane.
- With your Powerbeats Pro connected to your Mac, right-click them in the Devices list and then select Rename in the pop-up menu.
- Type in a new name for your Powerbeats Pro.
- Click the Rename button to confirm.
Note that the custom name you assign to your Powerbeats Pro earbuds will stay with them, so you'll be able to recognize them as such on any other devices you connect them to in future.