Apple Seeds Second Betas of iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 to Developers

Apple today seeded the second betas of upcoming iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 updates to developers for testing purposes, with the new software coming two weeks following the release of the first betas.

iOS 15
Developers can download iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 through the Apple Developer Center or over the air after the proper profile has been installed on an iPhone or iPad.

iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 are minor updates compared to prior iOS 15 point releases, and there are a limited number of changes. Apple may be releasing an Apple Classical app at some point in the near future and there are references to it in the beta, but it is not yet available. Apple is using the iOS 15.5 update to lay the groundwork for functionality that will let developers of "reader" apps add a link to an external website for the purpose of signing up for and managing accounts outside of the App Store.

There are also minor changes to Apple Pay Cash, with Apple adding Request and Send options, and Apple is making some changes to the iTunes Pass that used to be available in the Wallet app. We have a complete list of changes in our iOS 15.4 guide.

Related Forum: iOS 15

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
ios 18 button bulge

iOS 18 Adds Pop-Out Bezel Animation When Pressing iPhone Buttons

Tuesday June 11, 2024 10:40 am PDT by
iOS 18 includes a small but interesting change for the buttons on the iPhone, adding more of a visual element when changing volume, activating the Action button, or locking the screen. When you press an iPhone button in iOS 18, the display bezel bulges outward slightly. This feature is available for the volume buttons, Action button and the power button, and it will also likely be used for...
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by

kycophpd Avatar
First time I’ve been able to run an update since StarLink was installed. That was fast! Much better than the 3mb internet I had before!
jooish Avatar
I've pretty much lost interest in running an iOS beta since it has been made clear that critical security patches don't get the same priority as they do with stable releases.
No5tromo Avatar

Why were you installing betas at first place? I'm honestly curious as I don't understand why someone would install something unstable without a good reason (e.g. you are a developer or a tester)
coolaaron88 Avatar
I don't know who else needs to hear this but after updating to 15.5 Beta 2, I just had my frequently visited in Safari finally populate! It has worked at all since the start of iOS 15. Anyone else like to chime in to see if their is suddenly working after the update to Beta 2?
sngx1275 Avatar

I'm not a developer or tester, but I've ran beta iOSs in the past. I ran them because I had/have a car that supports CarPlay, CarPlay was pretty new at the time and it was absolute *****, nearly every beta release got better. So actually being able to use it without intense frustrations was nice, and betas were my only avenue for that. It was years and years ago so don't ask for specific details, I don't remember them, but I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't seeing a benefit.
Lounge vibes 05 Avatar