The updated user interface has been designed for the larger screen of a TV with a side bar rather than a top menu bar, which is meant to be a better use of screen space.
The side bar is customizable so you can pin your favorite media sources, put them in the order that you want, and send the rest of the content to the "More" menu that's out of the way.
Plex is aiming to make it easier to get to where you want to go, with more discoverable actions and sources and more intuitive navigation. Customizable navigation is also a key part of the new Plex experience for Apple TV. More features are listed below:
- Customizable & always accessible sidebar navigation.
- Ability to pin your favorite libraries from all your servers to the sidebar.
- Reorder your libraries in the sidebar.
- Quick access to all the rest of your media through the "More" menu item.
- Redesigned tab views that remember your previous view within each library (can be controlled via setting).
- A customizable home screen including pinning content rows from any library to home.
The updated Plex interface is available for beta testers, and you can sign up to be a beta tester on the Plex website by filling out a registration form. Beta access can take up to one week as requests need to be processed by Plex.