Apple today updated the Events app on the Apple TV to prepare for next Wednesday's "Gather Round" iPhone-centric event, which will see the debut of the 2018 iPhone lineup, new Apple Watch models, and new accessories.

The Events app, along with the Events section of Apple's website, will be used to live stream the product unveiling. Apple's Gather Round event will kick off at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time at the Steve Jobs Theater on the Apple Park campus.

applespecialeventappletv
To see the updated Events app on the Apple TV, it needs to be updated through the Apple TV App Store.

Apple is set to introduce the new 2018 iPhones, which will include the 5.8-inch OLED iPhone Xs, the 6.5-inch OLED iPhone Xs Max, and the lower-cost 6.1-inch LCD iPhone, which we don't yet know the name of. All three iPhones are expected to adopt edge-to-edge designs with a TrueDepth Camera System that will replace the Touch ID Home button.

We're also expecting to see new Apple Watch Series 4 models with smaller bezels for more screen real estate, refreshed AirPods with "Hey Siri" support, new Apple Watch bands, and perhaps the long-awaited debut of the AirPower, which is able to charge the iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods all at once.

For those who are unable to watch Apple's live stream, MacRumors will have live coverage of the event on MacRumors.com and on our MacRumorsLive Twitter account.

Related Forum: iPhone

busyscott Avatar
Will watch next week for sure, but for the first time since the iPhone 4, I might not upgrade this year. In fact, I’m considering a downgrade.

The X sucks. Primarily because FaceID. I mean, it’s allegedly safer than TouchID but it’s way slower, doesn’t work on angles, I get failures all the time with sunglasses or hats or when I wake up in the morning and squint when I check my phone. I’m typing in my passcode constantly, I might as well just turn off Face ID and use a passcode.

I miss the headphone jack too - and don’t tell me it’s an outdated connection and I need to embrace AirPods! I have AirPods dummies, I still use a headphone jack probably 3-4 times a week. Combo that with my new Donglebook Pro and my backpack is carrying more adapter than devices. Ugh.

Apple these days man.
macguru212 Avatar
Can't wait to get into debt!
jonnysods Avatar
Very excited!!
Wags Avatar
Would be nice for a substantial unexpected ‘One more thing’
DeepIn2U Avatar
Can't wait to get into debt!
LMAO you and me BOTH!

But my purchases will need to wait until November.

I expect a LOT of Canadian and US carriers to follow suite with Telus Mobility's announcement for a sort-of leasing smartphones with a return credit or keep payment at the end of a 2yr contract.

Telus Mobility Bring It Back Program
NomadicTy Avatar
iPhone X was the first iphone (i've updated just about every year since) that a part of me really regret the purchase. That was just paying too much for a phone so I can get a smaller size with a Plus display real estate. As stated above, touch ID was much more reliable than face ID. I make good money, but that kind of money for the X is a nice trip to some places.

Having said that, if they were to come out with dual-SIM, and the price is closer to what the 8's were, I might get a new one. I am basically based in two continents, and lugging around two phones is getting tiresome. Tim is all about the bottom-line, though. Raising the price (at a very high US dollar -- when manufacturing is overseas) as often as he could is something I would expect more.